. e l e v e n .

Hoseok was speed walking fast to the bakery.

"That fuc- that V," Hoseok fumed. He hated Taehyung for almost as long as he could remember.

He always thought that pretty people were all bad. Every single one was always arrogant and looked down upon others.

That is, until he met Yoongi.

Yoongi liked to mumble his own raps a lot as a teenager, and people began to give him recognition for it.

Soon he was the talk of the town.

"Have you heard of Min Yoongi?"

"I hear his home town was Daegu."

"I lived there once."

Hoseok was his partner in photography back when they were in high school.

He liked to tease Yoongi and call him Suga, because his personality was "sweet as sugar".

Yoongi was an Aesthetic in their school. He was known for notoriously falling asleep in every class.

Well, except for photography.

They were partnered up for the semester for a project, and the only talking Yoongi did was in annoyance at Hoseok.

He grumbled and pouted a lot. For some odd reason, Hoseok thought it was funny when he was moody (which was always).

The snide remarks Yoongi made under his breath every time the teacher was talking always made Hoseok giggle uncontrollably.

He always thought Yoongi would just be another one of those people that ignored him and would be mean to him.

He tried to act mean to Hoseok to fit in with the others, and everyone else fell for it too when they saw how he grumbled towards him.

However, for Hoseok it was totally different. Yoongi acted cold on the outside but from spending so much time with him, he found that it wasn't Yoongi's fault for seeming so harsh.

He had a natural resting bitch face, and he had a constant monotone voice. He was tired, too.

He never meant to sound or look intimidating, but that's just how he was. Hoseok pushed and pushed and pushed for them to be friends before Yoongi gave up his cold hearted facade and allowed the friendship to pass between them.

Yoongi was mostly quiet, but a great listener. He listened to Hoseok ramble on about his day, including the highs and lows.

They made sure to keep in touch after they graduated high school, and found different interests that led them to find their dream jobs.

Hoseok always wanted to teach dancing, and Yoongi always wanted to work at a small bakery.

Was it coincidence that Hoseok found a way to build his shop the street across from the bakery?

Nope.

Yoongi worked with an employee named Benjamin. He was a friend of the Kims, and he worked at the bakery a lot.

He was a year younger than Yoongi, but more experienced in his job. He planned to work at the bakery for the rest of his life with Yoongi at his side.

That is, until Taehyung came into the picture.

The second he was old enough to work, his parents let go of Benjamin and replaced him with their son.

Taehyung had smirked every time he saw Benjamin pass by that shop, giving him the unnecessary reminder that he took his job from him.

Hoseok had always known that Taehyung was a bad kid, but he kept hearing even more things about the boy that made him angry.

He made Yoongi do all the work. He would get paid either way by his trusting parents so he didn't care.

Hoseok was so angry about that.

--

"Hoseok..?"

Someone called out his name quietly, and Hoseok turned to a woman in a large coat, looking at him.

"Sorry ma'am, do I know you?" He asked, feeling his hardened expression grow softer.

The woman walked up to him and patted off the snow from her coat.

"My name is Kim Jihyo. I'm Seokjin's mother."

Hoseok's eyes widened, and he immediately bowed and kept his gaze to the ground.

"G-good evening, Miss Kim."

Jihyo sensed something off about Hoseok, but seemed to pay no mind to it.

"I hear you're Seokjin's friend. Here, let's go into the bakery. We can have a nice chat and I'll buy you something to eat."

Hoseok wanted to decline the offer. The bakery was not a good idea to go to at the moment, especially with Seokjin's mother there, watching him consult Taehyung about bullying her son.

He opened his mouth, but nothing came out as he watched her struggle to find something from her purse.

"Here," she held out a pair of warm winter gloves, that were made from cotton.

He took them into his bare hands, speechless as he looked back at her.

"Keep them. It's cold, and I don't want you catching a cold." She smiled, and suddenly he couldn't find the courage to decline the offer to eat at the bakery.

He trailed her to the bakery, putting on the gloves.

She opened the door for him, warm air and the sweet smell of cinnamon greeted them, along with the chime of the bells overhead.

"Welcome to our bakery," Taehyung said boredly, without looking up from his phone.

Jihyo bought Hoseok and herself some baked bread and a cookie, and they say down at the small booth, which was pushed up against the glass windows that showed the streets outside.

"Let's chat," Jihyo spoke kindly to Hoseok. He nervously nodded, looking over to Taehyung often.

"Thank you for making friends with Seokjin," she started, and he quickly nodded, not fully listening as his attention was on Taehyung.

"He has been quite lonely lately before moving schools, and he didn't really have friends before."

Taehyung got up, smiling as he walked out of the bakery, looking at his phone.

Hoseok sighed in relief, no longer worried about Taehyung and he looked back at Jihyo.

Jihyo noticed the sudden change in attitude, and stopped talking.

She pulled out a cigarette from her pocket, and placed it in her mouth, lighting it as she made full eye contact with Hoseok.

She leaned back in her seat, and dropped the "nice" facade as she spoke lowly.

"Now let's cut all the bullshit and get straight to the point. Tell me exactly what's happening to my son."

---

Merry Christmas guys! I hope you're having a good day.