. t w e n t y f o u r .

This video is pretty good it somehow made me emotional while writing this chapter ^
---

Taehyung ran to the tree house, a big smile on his face like every weekend he got to go to his special hideout. 

Evening was setting in, hues of pink and orange lighting up the sky. Taehyung's father didn't like the idea of Taehyung going places on his own so he banned him from playing alone.

Still, Taehyung loved seeing Seokjin, so he snuck out every weekend when his father went to rest at evening.

The day had been hard for him and his father. More soldiers had come this time, and they made it their job to find then and kill them before things had become complicated.

Now Taehyung was tired but excited to see his best friend, who was possibly the only person he had made any connection with in his life besides his father.

He saw drips of something he recognized very well, and it decorated the wheat and the ladder all the way up to the treehouse. He climbed the ladder, and his breath hitched. He clung to the rope of the ladder.

Seokjin laid curled up on the floor. 

Blood was everywhere.

Seokjin whimpered.

"Who are you? Don't hurt me," he said, his voice nearly gone. 

"I-it's me, Jinnie, it's Taehyung." His voice shook, not believing the sight in front of him. He gathered himself and climbed up all the way, rushing to Seokjin.

Seokjin froze. "Don't hurt me!" Taehyung fell to his knees, his trousers soaking up blood. 

Taehyung was shaking. His head was spinning. The smell of  blood made him feel sick.

He crawled to Seokjin. "What happened to you, Jinnie?" He whispered, even though he was sure he knew the answer.

"I can't hear you." Seokjin stared straight ahead. "I can't hear anything." 

He continued to say it. "I can't hear. I can't hear."

"Jinnie of course you can hear, don't play around," Taehyung said desperately. Seokjin's ears had blood all the way down the sides of his head.

"I can't hear."

"SEOKJIN WHAT HAPPENED!!" He yelled as loud as he could into Seokjin's ear.

Seokjin jolted. "I.. I can hear a little." He looked up at Taehyung. "Daddy," was all he said.

Taehyung grew angry. Seokjin's father didn't treat him like any father should. He probably went too far and dealt a blow to Seokjin's head. 

Taehyung was very mature in the field of harsh treatment. He knew all about it from his own father and Seokjin's father. This was his world. 

All he knew was that all parents treat their children this way. 

He looked up to the sky through the roofless treehouse, his lip quivering as he held Seokjin. 

His whole body defied his attempt to be strong and confident, and the little child hidden away by the reality of life and war came out, embracing him.

He cried.

---

Taehyung laid on his bed, holding the pink alpaca stuffie. 

A tear slipped.

He got up, and got ready for school. Jimin caught up with him when he arrived. "Taehyung, I have something to show you." He said, catching his breath.