. t w e n t y t w o .

Taehyung came to school the next day. He beat Seokjin up twice as hard as normal that day.

However, he did it silently without a single word or expression on his face.

It seemed that having the same reaction recieved from Seokjin every day was beginning to bore him.

Seokjin cried once again, trying to make himself hate Taehyung. He should just punch him back. He should call the police on him. He should sue him. He should..

Seokjin wiped his cheeks, relaxing his furrowed eyebrows.

He shouldn't do those things, much less even think them. He was ashamed of himself for thinking of harming Taehyung.

"Pabo, pabo," he thought and slapped his cheeks, watching the final tear drip to the cold floor.

"Damn, you cry so much," he heard Songhee say, walking by.

Taehyung didn't look at her. He didn't look at Seokjin. He didn't look at anyone. Except one person.

Park Jimin.

It seemed they were getting closer, at an unexpected rate. Jimin still hung around Seokjin and Jungkook, but it just didn't feel the same.

Seokjin felt like he was being betrayed. It just wasn't fair. Jimin was totally on his side and hugged him when Taehyung beat him and was always just.. there.

But now, it was as if they were friends, him and Taehyung. They walked to school together, and ate lunch together.

Taehyung didn't really involve himself with anyone else since then.

Not Bang Songhee or his friends. Not his brother, even. He distanced himself from everyone but Park Jimin.

From time to time in the few weeks after that, Seokjin would ask Jungkook what was going on.

He only recieved a shrug and a sad shake of the head, seeing as Jungkook himself didn't really know.

The end of the school year was nearing; it was May. Seokjin picked up the diary stuffed into his locker.

His locker had gotten slightly out of hand. It was filled with papers and diaries and notebooks. He had written to Hush almost every day since the beginning of school.

---

Dear Hush,

Today is another boring day.

Taehyung has been getting more and more handsome each day.

I'm not sure how to describe my feelings for him..

It's kind of the feeling where you love someone even though you know you shouldn't.

I know he would be toxic to me as he already is, but I still love him so much.

I wish I could hear.

I wish I could speak right.

I want to hear his voice. I want to hear mine. I want to hear myself talking to him. I want to hear our conversation.

That would be my absolute dream.

I would do anything to make it come true.

But I already know I can't.

Ever since dad..

...

Since that incident, I couldn't hear.

...

Hush, you're my best friend in this whole world.

You understand me without having to speak or hear, like me.