FIFTEEN. real life

PART TWO

LIAM BOUNCED HIS LEG NERVOUSLY. He had agreed to meet Theo at a cute little cafe just outside of Beacon Hills, and the other boy was supposed to have arrived three minutes ago. His anxiety came partially from the fact that he had arrived fifteen minutes earlier than he was supposed to, and the staff were shooting him looks. To them, it probably seemed as though he had been stood up.

The other reason for his stress came in a form of his 6'2", sick pack abs, gorgeous blonde boyfriend. Brett knew about the meeting, but Liam wasn't quite sure that he knew that Abbie had broken up with Theo. And Liam wouldn't have known that either if it weren't from a warning text from Kira ( bless her soul, honestly ). Liam had found out after he and Theo had decided to go out for lunch, and he didn't have the heart to bring it up to Brett. He was pretty sure it might crush him.

Liam's thoughts scattered as Theo pulled up a chair across from him, apologizing about his tardiness.

"It's okay," Liam was quick to say, "I only just got here."

Theo eyed the empty coffee cup and ripped up coffee sleeve, "Sure you did." He responded good naturedly, a hint of a smile on his features.

Liam felt himself blush, "Okay, maybe I was waiting for a while— but in your defense I did come early." He was quick to defend he and Theo's honor.

"My parents were being annoying," Theo explained, running a hand through his hair.

It was getting long, Liam noted. He had been more or less avoiding Theo for the past three or so months, and it seemed that quite a bit had changed in that time. He seemed more stressed out than he had previously, probably because of the post.

"I'm sorry Theo." Liam said suddenly, cutting off whatever rant Theo had seemingly gone on about his overbearing parents.

"About my parents?" Theo asked, confusion lighting up his features.

Liam blushed; his inattention had been caught. He recovered quickly, however, "About everything that happened. I feel awf—"

Theo cut him off, "Were you the one who submitted that confession?"

Liam bristled at the accusation, "Of course not!"

Theo shrugged, "Then it's not your fault, or your problem." He turned to look at the cafe's menu, which was emblazoned on their chalkboard walls.

"Now," he faced Liam again, "it's time to buy me lunch."

AUTHOR'S NOTE
happy new year! this is the beginning of the end! i am now aiming to wrap this story up— anything specific you guys want to see before it ends?