여섯

▩▩▩ 

the poor little boy stood in the filthy kitchen and desperately pulled the hand of his mother on his hair, and wondered what had happened, and what was going to happen. tears fell from both his lovely eyes whilst violent shivers ran through his lithe body.

"you think i did not know such thing? you clearly have underestimated me and my power, haven't you, dearest?" said the queen.

"I... I-I—" taehyung stammered, shaking all over.

"do you know why i made those rules on you?"

"t-to protect me..." taehyung answered, shudder taking all over his lithe body.

"oh my!" the queen laughed evilly.  "you never ceased to amaze me, such a pour, naive soul. it was more than that, actually... guess more, sweetheart."

the queen's tone was as cold as the winter ice as she asked taehyung. "i-i don't know... mother..."

the queen giggled fiendishly. "well, since you still have no idea, i shall tell you. it was quite a long story, so sit still." using her dark magic, the queen managed to gesture a complicated motion from light by her hand to restrain taehyung onto a wooden chair. the poor lad was rooted to the spot, too rigid in surprise of the sudden show.

with a melodious voice, the queen began her story, "once upon a time, far over the misty mountains, cold to valleys deep and caverns old. where men never venture in deep places, where dark things sleep, in hollow halls beneath the fells. a young man in all his glory out of nowhere had come to save me from the ruthless of the darkness. where i had nothing left, even the purpose to live, he turned up to be my light and brought me outside that filthy place.

"just from the first time i saw him, there was something in him that entranced me, and i have come to be attached to him, the very kind man with big heart and soul as brave as the strongest knight. the bond that connected us, it happened not only to me. the destined ones, that's what it's called. we were both very happy at that time. i was also delighted to have hope in my life again. it was like being reborn... that we both were deep in joy. but nature isn't kind, snow white.

"we were too in love that your father had forgotten that he already had your mother waiting in his home. she was having you, sweetie. " she pinched taehyung's cheek, smiling evilly. "then i'd come to think, if your father and i were to meet before your mother had appeared between us, would have we been together.

"but a kind man was your father. he let me live here. but he was too kind that made him so foolish, because as he thought this castle would turn into heaven for both your mother and i, it was only hell. i envied her and she envied me. your father adored her so much. i was blinded by love to you father that i would do anything to have him back. so i made a bargain with the dark side, to have this power that could separate your parents.

"your mother was a pretty thing, just like you taehyung-ah. but as pretty as she was, she was weak. she'd lost before i could've started our battle. i'd encountered this power to fight her, but she gave up just to have you. she died after giving birth to a mistake, a pest, between the special bond your father and I had. the hate i had for her was only doubled because your father only loved you more.