Chapter Six

Worries ✾3✾
Plans

Hǎiyáng Zhànshì's gaze was dazed as he glanced into those clear and pure eyes. It was only at night was he able to view these beautiful hues.

It was the fifth day he had slept with her had she begged him to allow her to wear the silk around her eyes. Although he had been reluctant due to the fact that he actually like those eyes she promised to take them off when she spent time with him. Only then had he agreed.

Although most their nights together had always been dark, with his martial arts he was able to clearly see in the dark, hence he had enjoyed those eyes that was constantly weeping when he took her.

However, these same pair of eyes held a different enchantment when view against the moonlight.

Chūnji Húdié's brows furrowed when she gazed at this man. The words that came out of her mouth caused Hǎiyáng Zhànshì who was in a daze to be woken up by freezing water. "Who are you?"

Who are you?

Who are you?

Who are you?

These three words caused Hǎiyáng Zhànshì to released her like he had been stung and stumbled back.

Chūnji Húdié who was no prepared fell onto the floor.

"Ouch." The sound of pain pricked Hǎiyáng Zhànshì's ears. This was the first time he had heard her voice out her pain.

Even if he beat her. Even if the servants beat her, she had never voiced out her pain before. However, once he heard her pain he did not feel satisfied at all.

Chūnji Húdié who had just fallen onto the floor was annoyed. Why was this man so hateful. Why drop her like she was a rag doll? "Tch." She stood up and dusted herself, she crossed her arms and glared at the man.

She had woken up earlier in a strange bed. She hadn't a clue as to where she was, the surrounding was peculiar. She didn't know who she was or where she was. However, she felt pain all over.

Luckily she had remembered the medical and poison teachings. However, she can't remember who taught her. But she remembered a lot of darkness, and a lot of loneliness.

She had come outside due to feeling suffocated being held in that little hut. She clearly remembered she was pregnant, and she clearly remembered that her body was heavily poisoned. She remembered what the poisons were and the effects.

However, she does not remember who poisoned her and who this baby belonged to.

Seeing this handsome man in front of her, she wondered if he was the one that poisons or the baby's father.

Hǎiyáng Zhànshì frowned, as he felt anger arise in his stomach. What was this little bitch going on about? "Oh, you can't remember this běnwáng?"

Chūnji Húdié frowned. "No."

Hǎiyáng Zhànshì sneered. "Běnwáng now sees your aim. Is fūrén trying to get běngōng's sympathy?"

Fūrén? Chūnji Húdié's brain began to work. If he addressing her as fūrén...It sounds like he is her husband.

Unknown to these two, Chūnji Húdié had actually lost her memories due to the poison that acted up earlier on during the day.

Chūnji Húdié tried to recall any memories. However, whenever she looks at this man's handsome face she felt pain all over. Strange. He does not seem capable to poison her, so why does she feel pain when she sees him?

Chūnji Húdié had seen the bruises all over her body when she woke up. She knew, that even if she was clumsy, she couldn't get that many wounds.

As Chūnji Húdié was thinking up a reply, Hǎiyáng Zhànshì was also thinking back to the way he had treated her.

Maybe she would use the child against him to get a title back. Even if she was his fūrén, his imperial father had demoted her to a lowly servant. In addition the left prime minister no longer supports her, if one actually knew what happened, it was actually Hǎiyáng Zhànshì who caused all of this.

"Right." Chūnji Húdié nodded her head slowly. Why did she have a distant feeling that their relationship wasn't harmonious? Did she cheat on him before? Thinking till here she felt slightly guilty for some unknown reason. Was this her body telling her that she was indeed in the wrong?

When she had woken up and had seen the living environment earlier she had promised herself to beat up the person who had placed here. However, now understanding some facts she was now reconsidering if she should bash her husband's face in or not?

Hǎiyáng Zhànshì snarled when he heard her half hearted reply. Why was he feeling so frustrated today?! He fumed as he glanced at the beautiful, yet haggard woman. He definitely need to keep her safe now she was carrying his firstborn. "This běnwáng has come to tell you that you are to move to a new courtyard so you can properly nurture yourself so you will be able to have a pleasant birth."

Chūnji Húdié slowly nodded again. Her eyes clearly showed she was cautious of this man in front of her. However, she was glad she'll be able to get out of this small courtyard.

Hǎiyáng Zhànshì narrowed his eyes as he studied her again. Once she gives birth to his child, he'll silently dispose of her claiming that she died of an untreatable illness. Then he would mourn for his sickly wife's death for a year before marrying again. This way he would win the nation's support and his fame would rise.

That way he could get a possible heir as well as having his beloved take the consort position. Also once his beloved bore him a son he'll hand the household over to her child, then this Chūnji Húdié's child would become a punching bag just like his slutty, vixen mother. 

Thinking of this plan made Hǎiyáng Zhànshì happy as he did not look at this woman anymore. Instead he turned around and left the small silent courtyard.

The sooner she dies. The sooner he'll have everything he'd ever want.