Chapter Thirteen

The Goddess Appears ~1~

Becoming A Slave

"Mm?" Chūnji Húdié cocked her head as she glanced at the golden cage behind the Emperor.

The cage was the size of a small room, with golden bars surrounding and a white fox fur padding on the ground.

Currently laying on top of the fox fur was an unconscious man.

Chūnji Húdié frowned in distaste as she glanced over the bent over figure. That father couldn't have finish the job properly? Instead passing along this disabled prince whom had been infested with poison the same as she.

When the Poison Prince had entered the palace previously, he had bough with him this once favoured prince of the Emperor along in his carriage.

Without fear he had thrown the unconscious man onto the floor beside Chūnji Húdié's feet who at the time was sitting in the Emperor's study sipping tea.

The Emperor made no movement to arrest the Poison Prince or reprimand him in the slightest, after all the Goddess was in the same room as him and the Poison Prince is her father.

"Unfortunately, a certain object has spoiled this treasury." Her orchid eyes flickered across the cage once again before settling down onto the trembling figure beneath her. "I'd say, you ignorant mortal, dared to match me with such a scum? Who would've thought that the fourth King's, Hǎiyáng bloodline had become fools?"

The Emperor hearing the chilling tone that had overtaken the gentle voice began to fear for his life.

When the Goddess appeared the previous night inside his study, he was sure he had seen a ghost. About to call the guards, he had been frozen stiff once he met those bone chilling eyes. Then eventually, images of teachings and paintings on scrolls flooded through his head, until a poem line drifted from his memory.

A beauty worth more than the moon. Her grace more compelling than the sun and her eyes, the stunning hues of orchids will blind your soul.

The Emperor Hǎiyáng wasn't a fool and once he began to remember, he began to fear.

Since the previous night, he had done the Goddess's orders. Everything she looked at, he gave. Everything she asked he answered truthfully. Even showing this secret compartment of the treasury she had known about. 

Emperor Hǎiyáng felt tears welling up in his eyes. If he had met the daughter of the Poison Prince before announcing for his favourite son to wed her, then this problem wouldn't occur and he wouldn't face the Goddess' wrath at this moment. 

He began to internally curse himself at his impulsive actions.

Seeing the mixture of negative feelings surrounding Emperor Hǎiyáng's body, Chūnji Húdié sighed before waving her hand. "Doesn't matter, what done has been done. However, to compensate for your own stupidity this son of yours will become my slave." Her gorgeous hues flickered towards the golden cage again. 

Chūnji Húdié narrowed her eyes as she saw white mist began to envelope the body of Hǎiyáng Zhànshì. 

When Emperor Hǎiyáng heard the Goddess' words, he became elated. In this situation, bringing death upon the whole nation wouldn't be enough to compensate for his sin. Not only had the Goddess spared the citizen's life, but she had also spared his and his son's life. 

Feeling his chest clogged up with emotion, Emperor Hǎiyáng began to weep. "Thank you Goddess for her mercy! This servant will follow the Goddess command!" Several banging sound was issued as Emperor Hǎiyáng's forehead was knocked so much onto the ground that it began to bleed. 

Chūnji Húdié frowned as the stench of blood began to emit from the room, waving her hand again she said in annoyance. "Hurry up and get out of here, if I see your face once again without me summoning you, I can't guarantee your life." 

Emperor Hǎiyáng immediately stopped bowing before hurriedly standing up. Looking up he saw a magnificent character sitting atop the pile of gold. He turned towards the unconscious son of his, debating whether the Goddess wanted him to also take his son with him or not. 

Chūnji Húdié clicked her tongue. "He is as of now officially mine, don't worry about him, I'm not an evil master."

Hearing the Goddess' words Emperor Hǎiyáng shivered. No the Goddess wasn't know as being an evil person, however, even if she is kind and just...he and his son had done an evil deed, even his son had tried to kill the Goddess by sending her into the mountains! 

If the things that Emperor Hǎiyáng had heard from his several shadow guards wasn't enough, surely his son had accumulated enough of the Goddess wrath to never live a peaceful life again.

Aiya my beloved readers, aren't you all a little hungry for blood? The poor Prince Hǎiyáng won't survive long in any of your care... XD