I need you, my Purpose

Annabelle's POV:

That's it. My defences broke down and I was drowning in my own pool of tears. I felt like such an idiot. I should've listened to Justin. I should've just heard him out. God how I wish I could turn back time.

But it was too late for that.

But it wasn't too late to set everything right.

I got my phone out and called for an ambulance. I asked whether I should take the knife out of him. They said no and to just leave it there. Otherwise he would lose more blood and potentially die.

Justin's my life. He dies, I die. And I can't have him dead. He's helped me so much. He's the friend I never saw in anyone. He's just the perfect person.

I stared into his face. Lifelessness. Just pure lifelessness. My heart ached at that word.

I tried to fight it back. But I couldn't help it. As I brought my lips to his soft, rosy ones. I connected my mouth with his, tasting blood in it.

"Wow even his blood tastes good." I said to myself before chuckling slightly.

At that moment I heard a siren outside the house. It must be the ambulance. I went downstairs and unlocked the door, revealing a few surgeons. I leaded them upstairs to Justin and they carried him down and placed him in a stretcher. Then we were set for a trip to the hospital.

Once we got there Justin was immediately rushed to a room and I got told to wait outside. I sat down, praying. Just praying. Praying for my Purpose to survive.

 Praying for my Purpose to survive

I'm the cause. I'm the cause of all this. I can never punish myself enough for this one mistake.

It was a while later that a doctor came out with the results. His face showed clear regret.

Oh god please save me.

"How is he?" I asked nervously.

He took a deep sigh before finally speaking, "He's got very little time left. I don't know if we can save him for sure. We've done our best. The rest is up to God. You may see him if you want to, but please keep quiet."

I felt like I was being fucking shredded.

"Okay thank you." I said before walking to Justin's room. He had an oxygen mask on. There were constant beeping machines around me. And there was Justin, helpless.

I immediately sat down next to him and broke down again.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean for this to happen! I let my emotions take over my words, that's what I did! You're my Purpose! You told me to never say never and keep believing! I'm so grateful for having you enter my life! I should've listened to you! And taken you seriously! Please! Stay with me! I need you.."

----------------------------------------------

Took me long enough to update 😝