Caffeine Runs | Tom Holland (AU)

Imagine #31

Word Count: 2619

***

THIRD PERSON:

"It's New Year's Eve my fellow peeps! Meaning, you shouldn't be spending it alone on your super comfy couch- get out and enjoy the last few hours twenty-seventeen."

The news reporter's bubbly voice made Y/N groan in annoyance and she is quick to flip to another channel. Finally landing on a random toddler show, she places the remote on the table and lies in the position she was in before.

Y/N wasn't the type to go out on New Year's Eve or any holiday in particular, to get drunk with her close friends. She was that one person who adored to stay curled up in her apartment with a whole bunch of junk food. But she'd work off all that sugar later, of course.

Her eyes glance down at her wrist watch and she notices that she only had six hours to make the best of the rest of her shitty two thousand-seventeen.

A yawn escapes her mouth and she knew that she couldn't go to sleep yet. Even if it did seem depressing that she was spending New Year's Eve alone, she still wanted to stay up in order to at least see the fireworks from her kitchen window.

Watching the fireworks from her kitchen window had been a tradition since her and first boyfriend moved in together. Then he left over two years ago- leaving the tradition to still continue.

Getting off the couch, she heads in the direction of the kitchen to fix her a cup of coffee since she felt as if more yawns would continue. However, a frown forms on her face when she notices that there was no coffee to be found, not even in her pantry.

Huffing she realizes that she had no other choice but to go to the twenty-four coffee shop down the street from her apartment. Even if she did hate going out alone at this hour- she really was in desperate need of that beverage.

***

Y/N'S POV:

The cafe's bell sounds off when I swing the glass door open, letting some of the cold air flow inside. The lights were sort of dim, but there at least five to six people sitting at different tables, sipping on coffee while occupying themselves with a phone or newspaper.

"Y/N, sweetie!" The voice brings me away from my thoughts, causing me to look over in the direction where it came from. My eyes meet with the owner of the cafe and we both give smiles to one and other.

I lift my hand and give a shy wave, "Hey, Tyler."

"Caramel mocha? With a dash of dark chocolate?" He questions, already heading over to the coffee maker in the corner behind the counter.

"You know it! Can I get a sugar cookie on the side too?" I ask, grinning as wide as a little kid on Christmas morning.

He chuckles, nodding his head. "Of course you can, it'll be on the house tonight by the way."

My eyebrow raises, "What? Ty, no way. I can't let you do that."

He shakes his head, while bringing me my mug and and a huge cookie on a round plate. "Don't worry. It's New Year's Eve and I want to do a favor for you before the year is over with. Besides I kind of owe you one after you saved me from my last boyfriend."

I giggle, taking a sip from the delicious, warm beverage. "Well, thank you then."

We exchange a few more words before I head over to a table in the back of the shop. To be honest, this cafe was pretty much my getaway when I didn't want to be at my cramped up apartment. I had known the owner, Tyler, since I first started coming here and he had been friendly to me ever since. We were super close to where people thought we were dating until one of us happen to state that he was a gay thirty year old.