Flustered

Original Publishing: Dec. 28, 2017

Edited: Nov. 14, 2020

Third Pov

     Dramatic as it might have been, Y/n was flabbergasted with what she had over heard Jinx say to Beast Boy. Her body didn't allow her tears to be held back, a side effect of her powers perhaps. The girl tended to be overcome with emotions frequently because of her powers, for sure a reason why she is so scared to let anyone in. 

    A bundle of emotions sure, but why was she experiencing them now? It couldn't have just been because of the spilled ice cream or her best friend choosing a putrid hero over her. I'm sure it was because of that statement and that statement alone. Y/n doesn't want to be in love. Out of fear of giving her already cracked remains of a glass heart away only for it to be dropped, she held it close and kept it in the prison of her rib cages. Using the cover up of saying how gross people are and making jokes of being forever alone, she finds comfort in the lies. I guess you could say in every joke there is a little truth. 

Y/n's Pov

   I paused before reaching the entrance of our base and took a breath, wiping away my tears. I don't need any bothersome questions right now. Calmly, I start to walk into the H.I.V.E tower only for Gizmo to harass me at the door, "And where were you?" He taps his foot like an angry father. 

    For some unknown reason, I am compelled to spill my guts to this short man, "I was with Jinx talking about how I wanted the titans dead on our escapade to raid an ice cream shack, only to be left by myself because she prefers her boy toy, pervert, part flesh, part trash, hero boyfriend over me. Which lead me to be straddled by a green gorilla who turned into a five foot, pea colored, pervert who forced my ice cream onto the pavement."

   His face fills with shock and he hesitantly pats my back, "You . . . okay?"

    I shake my head no and grab my hair, "She also had the nerve to tell Beast Boy I liked him." I gagged, "He is the second worst titan." 

   Gizmo sighs and got me some ice cream from the fridge. I start crying hysterically, "Why would I even like someone who murdered my ice cream." I complain taking the ice cream from Gizmo. 

   "It will be fine, I'm sure she was just kidding around. Don't be so dramatic." 

    I roll my eyes, "Whatever. Thanks for the comfort but I'm going to eat my ice cream in my room and try with zero effort not to hurt myself."

   "Don't do that!" Gizmo yells after me. 

   "I value ice cream too much to!" I hear a faint sigh of relief. "Such a dad." 

   "I heard that!" I chuckle.

Jinx's Pov

   "She totally likes you." I claim as I watch Y/n run away, assuming she was out of ear shot.

    Beast Boy looks at me, " Right. That's why she ran away and sent me flying across the street."

    I laugh, "She is just mad that you dropped her ice cream, she's really dramatic like that. Which reminds me, you should get her a new one or in our next fight she will literally obliterate you." He went pale and quickly ran to the nearest ice cream stand. I began to laugh so hard.

   "What's so funny?" 

   "That he fell for that. She is probably eating the ice cream we had at home right now." Cyborg shakes his head letting out small chuckles. 

   "I think I got too comfortable with your team." 

   He nods his head, "Yeah, but I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing." We smile at each other and share a small kiss. You don't need the electrocution to tell that there are sparks between us. 

Y/n's Pov

   I suddenly hear yelling outside my door. I quickly finish my ice cream that was left in the bowl and open my door looking like a total wreck. My hair is messy, I have tear stained cheeks,  mascara tainted cheeks, and I am in my comfort pajamas.

 My hair is messy, I have tear stained cheeks,  mascara tainted cheeks, and I am in my comfort pajamas

   When I open my door I saw Gizmo and Beast Boy fighting. When I look at Beast Boy, I notice he has ice cream. I think my eyes lit up. "Ice cream?" They both stop to look at me and Beast Boy puts on a smile. Gizmo held his glare. 

    "I felt bad about the ice cream thing and me being between your legs," He blushes and scratches the back of his neck, "So . . . I got you your favorite ice cream. Jinx told me the flavor." 

   I immediately took the ice cream and began to smile so wide. I could swear I have stars in my eyes right now. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! THANK YOU! You are forgiven and you are now the third worst titan." 

   He looks at Gizmo confused, "That's good I guess, but didn't you come home crying and complaining how-" I quickly cover his mouth and felt heat rise to my face.

   "Shut up." I grit through my teeth, "Thank you again it is well appreciated." 

   He continues to smile, "Anytime," and is escorted out by mammoth. 

    I slap Gizmo on the back of the head, "You moron. You don't tell people what I do." 

   He rolls his eyes, "Hey, your pajamas are very true. You are a terrifying psycho with your strange mood swings."

    I sigh, "Stop being such a dad you three foot potato." I look at my pajama shirt that reads, 'Cute but psycho, but cute'. 

He growls at the comment I made about his height, "You stubborn, psychotic, girl, woman, thing." I sigh and proceed to eat my gifted ice cream.