Chapter 30 - Part 1

It’s been a while so apologies for any errors.

Chapter 30 part 1

Pushing down the bad feeling in my gut, I smile at my uncle.

“How is everyone? I hope they’re doing okay.” I haven’t really been in touch since the affair went public. The knowledge of how disappointed they must be in me always has me putting down the phone.

“Everyone is good for now. They probably won’t be by tomorrow,” he replies, looking thoughtful for a second. I brow my eyebrows in confusion, “What do you mean?”

Ignoring my question, his eyes sweep the room. “Is Chris around?” I shake my head wondering why the change of subject. “So you’re all alone?” I nod slowly not liking how the conversation is turning.

“Aren’t you going to offer your uncle a drink?” he asks with a raised brow and small smile.

Unfolding my arms I say, “of course. What would you like?”

“A glass of water would be lovely thank you.” I walk into the kitchen happy for some space. Something is definitely wrong and I think as I feel the glass with water.  Clutching it tightly in my hands, I walk back into the living room.

“Here’s your -” The glass slips from my hand and falls to the ground as I take in the sight of my uncle pointing a gun to my head from across the room.

“Sit!” he orders pointing to the chair he had pulled out. Without a word I sit down not breaking eye contact with him. As my mind races, I think about how I was going to walk out of this situation alive. Scanning the room, my eyes briefly see the phone and I sharply look away. I completely forgot James is still on the phone. If I can just make him aware of the situation then he’ll be able to call for help.  Trying had to keep calm I focus my attention on my uncle.

“There’s no point of trying to escape because I will just shoot you,” he says no longer smiling.

“Why? Why have you come to my house to point a gun in my face?” I demand with a raised voice, hoping that James was still listening on the other side of the phone line. What if he cut off the phone to let me talk with my uncle in private? What if this really is the end and I never see his face again? Will I just be remembered as the girl who had an affair with her boss breaking the heart of a supermodel?  Will time pass by with my rotting in a grave with everything in my life still unresolved? Can this really be it? I pray to God it isn’t; I really do.