Super Power

Elizabeth's POV

     The date November 21, 2138, I turn 21 today.

     I bolt upright in bed. Today I select my government issued superpower.

     I rush out of bed and take a shower. I do my hair after the shower, and change into my nice purple and blue dress. I don't do makeup, that's gross.

     I run downstairs and greet my mom and dad. "Hi!" I exclaim.

     "So today is the big day," my dad says, "my little girl is all grown up.

     "Yeah, I guess," I respond.

     I see my mom made French toast  and bacon, my favorite. "Thanks Mom!" I exclaim.

     "Of course, honey. It's your big day," my mom tells me.

     We dig in, and get ready for the event.

     After two hours of torture, it's finally time to go. We hop in the hover car and drive to the courthouse.

     We arrive after an seemingly endless car ride. We walk into the courthouse and take seats to wait.

     "Elizabeth and family, please enter the courthouse now," I bolt up. We literally sat down for five seconds.

     My parents take their customary seats on the front bench. I walk up to the desk at the front.

     There it is, the book of super powers. I flip through the book and see the typical powers. Flying, invisibility, talking to animals, fire and water powers. Water powers seemed kind of cool, but not quite what I wanted. Super strength, super speed, telepathic, blah blah blah.

     Suddenly I saw it. A super power no one had ever picked. It was perfect. Density control.

     "I found the super power I would like to chose," I tell the Judge. "Density Control."

     "That's never been chosen before, interesting. It is granted to you," The Judge says with finality.

     I nod my head in thanks, and follow the doctors to the medical room.

It's really anticlimactic, they inject me with a shot and suddenly I have powers.

Leaving the room I walk through the door instead of opening it, so much fun.

I show off my new powers to all my friends, and they wish they chose it.

I get home that night and sleep in anticipation of school tomorrow.