Talking Back Part 2

Donna's POV

     I'm in math class and bored, so I do what I usually do. I fool around with my power. I like to talk in people's head, they all think the person next to them said something. Today I chose the  mysterious new boy in our class and think, "The answer to number seven is b." It's obviously wrong, but he'll think he thought that.

     "Why would you tell me the wrong answer? It's obviously c!" I hear in my head. Wait, what? No, it can't be. The new kid just talked in my head? He had the power too? What is going on? AHHHHH!

     "You can read thoughts too?" I ask to him telepathically. I wonder if he can tell how nervous I am.

     "Yep, thought I was the only one. So, you like to prank people with your power?" He thinks back. I blush a light red.

     "Only when I'm bored. So what's your name again?" I ask trying to change the topic.

     "You forgot already? Ouch," he teases. "It's Killian. So yo-"

     "Hello, Donna, Killian, can I have your attention please? Thank you. Now I asked, if the triangle is a a right angle, how would you find the missing length?" I saw almost everyone is class raise their hand. I didn't, because I try not to draw attention to myself. "Yes, Kathryn?"

     "The Pythagorean Theorem, duh. What are we, sixth graders? Kathryn answered in a slightly bored tone.

     "This is just some review. Now if the-"

     "Kinda boring teacher, huh?" I hear in my head.

     Startled, I respond, "Yeah, he could make a sumo wrestler fall asleep mid match." Shoot! Could I not say something dumb for once in my life?!"

     "Agreed! Did you notice how we can't read each other's thoughts. Kinda weird." Jillian thought to me. Thank goodness! He didn't find out my thoughts, that would have been embarrassing.

     "Didn't notice, that's kinda cool. We can read minds and talk in other people's heads, and no one can read our thoughts." I thought back to him.

     "It's cool that I know someone else with this power now. I feel less alone." Killian thought.

     "Yeah, it really is." I thought and my cheeks dusted with a light pink. "I should focus on the lesson now." I thought.

     "Me too, I'll talk to you later." Lillian said.

---------------------------------------------
Time skip two weeks
----------------------------------------------
Killian's POV

     Over the weeks, I got to know Donna better and better. She is an amazing friend, and we helped each other get better at our powers. I helped her read thoughts from a distance, and she taught me ways to communicate in someone's brain.

     I think I have a crush on her, I mean, she is amazing, and sweet, and kind, and she's pretty, but her personality matters more to me. I know she won't lie to me, and that she always puts others first. She told me about some of the people she helped using her powers. She started using her powers for good in elementary school! And she still does in college. I think I'm gonna tell her, I'll do it today.

     I walk into math again, and see her. I sit next to her, and the lesson starts. I'm nervous and decide if I wait I'll chicken out.

     "Hi," I think to her.

     "Hi!" She responds.

     "I... I like you Donna. Like a lot. Your smart, kind, honest, and someone I really like to be around. Your pretty too, but I would still like you if you weren't. Will you go out with me?" I manage to think to her. The pause before what she says seemed like 5 years but it was only five seconds.

----------------------------------------------
Cliff hanger! Mwaha ha ha ha!