Home

"Sean...wake up."

Sean groaned wearily, but reluctantly did as he was told by the vaguely familiar voice.

He slowly opened his eyes and looked around to find himself lying on a couch in a house he didn't recognize.

Instead of wearing his normal attire of his brown trench coat and black shirt with black jeans and black business shoes, he had on a pair of normal blue jeans, black tennis shoes, and a black shirt that read "Remember" in white letters with a weird font.

"What the hell?" Sean sighed groggily, rubbing his eyes as he sat up, looking over to see Robin standing beside him.

"Robin? Where am I?" Sean grimaced as he laid back down, trying to remember what had happened.

"Listen, I can't stay here for long. Signe-"

"Signe's here? I haven't seen her in years! Is she okay?" Sean asked hopefully.

"She's fine, but you need to know that you can't tell her what you had been doing in the past couple of years." Robin instructed seriously.

"Why not?" Sean frowned in confusion.

"Your job is top secret dumbass, that's why we worked underground and weren't allowed to leave ever." Robin huffed impatiently.

"Okay...where am I?" Sean changed the subject, surprised by Robin's unusual touchiness.

"You're in Brighton in Signe's house. She should be home soon from visiting Marzia, so just remember that Felix is close by if you ever need to talk to him as well as PJ if you just want a YouTube friend to talk to. I'll be back home in Sweden editing your YouTube videos as well as making sure you won't be found." Robin explained in a rush.

"I've haven't made videos in years since I started working as head of paranormal research!" Sean protested.

"You'll get back into the swing of it." Robin assured him hastily.

"Besides, who's looking for me?" Sean interjected.

"By Experiment-"

Robin broke off when he heard the front door swing open.

"Remember, don't tell her or anyone else the truth ever, no matter what." Robin reminded him before darting into Sean's recording room.

He heard the window open before it slammed shut again just as Signe entered the living room where Sean was.

Signe froze in the room when she saw Sean, her caramel brown eyes wide in shock.

"Um...hi Woosh." Sean waved awkwardly, quickly jumping up off of the couch.

The two stood in silence as Sean waited for her to speak, the only audible sound being their breathing and the creaking of the floor as Sean uncomfortably shifted from foot to foot.

Wordlessly, Signe ran over to Sean and wrapped her arms around him tightly as if he was a teddy bear, tears welling up in her eyes and spilling down onto Sean's shirt as Sean hugged her back without hesitation.

"You've been missing for years Sean, years! The police had given up on finding you, your family had a reunion to remember you, your fans believed you had died or hated them, your friends haven't been the same without you, and I-"

Signe abruptly broke off, swallowing hard.

"I had thought you left me without a goodbye." Signe admitted in a whisper, her voice cracking with emotion.

"I would never leave you, and especially not without a goodbye." Sean promised her as he soothingly ran a hand through her shoulder length chocolate brown hair.

Signe sniffed as she buried her face into Sean's shoulder, soaking through the fabric with her cold salty tears that continued silently rolling down her cheeks.

"Where did you go? What happened to you?" Signe asked softly as she looked up into Sean's sapphire blue eyes.

"I..." Sean trailed off as he tried to think of what to say, wishing Robin was here to help.

"Hey Signe, you left your phone-"

Felix cut himself of when he saw Sean, his surprise looking almost genuine at seeing him again.

"Did recording for Scare Pewdiepie season two get revived?" Felix prompted, confusing Sean.

"No, it was cancelled awhile ago." Sean reminded him.

The glare Felix secretly shot Sean made him think that what he said wasn't the right answer.

"B-but I went back to LA to be part of this different YouTube red show they want me to keep secret." Sean stuttered.

"Why didn't you call me or anything?" Signe countered.

"I was busy, that and where I was I had no signal." Sean lied, feeling guilt well up in his heart.

"In LA you had no signal?" Signe scoffed in disbelief.

"He probably just means that where he went to record for the show had no signal." Felix chimed in helpfully.

"Yeah." Sean nodded frantically, relieved that Felix was a better liar than him.

"You couldn't of said goodbye before you left?" Signe retorted bitterly.

"I was asked out of the blue, I didn't get much time to stay." Sean explained.

Sean held his breath as Signe fell silent, hoping that she would believe him.

"I can't wait to see the show then once it gets released." Signe replied.

Sean felt his tension ease, a relaxed smile lighting up his face.

"Of course, I know you'll like it." Sean promised her.

"Why don't you and Marzia come over to have dinner with us?" Signe asked Felix.

"Sounds perfect." Felix grinned.

"Hey Felix, can I talk to you real fast?" Sean spoke up, not waiting for an answer as he dragged Felix into his recording room and shut the door behind him.

"Does Marzia know you're here?" Sean whispered.

"Yeah, my job allowed me to go home every night." Felix answered.

"Why did I not get that choice?!" Sean hissed angrily.

"Someone had to watch the experiments, and you're the only person I trusted enough." Felix replied.

"Fine." Sean huffed before storming out of the room with Felix following after him.

"I'll see you guys over there." Felix winked as he left the house.

"So, what was the talk about?" Signe asked.

"Just YouTube stuff." Sean shrugged casually.

If only my life was still that simple, Sean thought wistfully as he took Signe's hand in his and walked into the bedroom with her to get ready for dinner with Felix and Marzia.