Adventure

"Wow, this place is cool!" Chase whistled in awe as he walked out of Sean's house with his fellow egos at his side.

Since it was night, everything was dark except for the few spots on the road lit up by headlights and the spotlight shining down on them from the moon and billions of stars peppering the smog-choked sky.

"So, where to first?" Jackaboy-Man spoke up, turning around to face the group.

"Shouldn't we go back?" Marvin spoke up hesitantly, glancing back at the house.

"Sean told us to hide for vhen Signe comes over, so that's vhat ve're doing." Dr. Schneeplestien interjected.

"Exactly." Jackaboy-Man agreed.

"Wait, where's Robbie?" Chase frowned worriedly.

The egos looked around to find Robbie already wandering off down the sidewalk on his hands and feet like an animal, his nose pressed close to the ground as he crawled forward.

Together the egos ran after him, following him into a building where they could hear loud music booming and laughter as they opened the door and darted inside.

"Robbie!" Marvin called out, his voice drowned out by his surroundings.

"Oh my god, are you guys cosplayers?!" A woman squealed as she approached the egos, her face lit up by a bright smile.

"What-"

"Yes, we are." Jackaboy-Man interrupted Marvin, flashing the woman a bright smile that made her blush hard.

"I'm Kayla, it's nice to meet you guys." She giggled.

"I'm a fan of your work Dr. Schneeplestien." Kayla added, offering a hand to Schneep.

"Vhy thank you very much, it's always a pleasure to meet a fan." Schneeplestien smiled, taking her hand and kissing it lightly.

"Do you like to dance?" Kayla asked shyly, clasping her hands in front of her nervously.

"Doc, we have-"

"I've never tried, but I'm a quick learner." Dr. Schneeplestien cut off Chase, walking off hand in hand with Kayla and disappearing into the crowd of people.

"Damnit, we'll have to worry about him later." Marvin huffed.

Jameson started wildly waving his arms to get the ego's attention, gesturing over to the bar where people were sitting and drinking.

"Good thinking, I'll go check it out." Chase nodded, pushing through the crowd.

Jackaboy-Man started to follow, but paused when the music kicked up with gusto, the base of the beat thudding with his heart.

Instantly Jackaboy-Man started dancing, nodding to the beat as he flailed wildly.

Jameson only shook his head at him with a small smile as he danced out of view, leaving only him and Marvin.

"I'll get my scout." Marvin sighed, retrieving his deck of cards from his cape and picking one that had a green eye on the front, waving it in front of his eye.

Instantly his eye changed, turning green before it wriggled out of its socket and turned to face Marvin.

"Find Robbie." Marvin instructed Jameson created an eyepatch for him to use temporarily as the eye zipped off out of sight.

Marvin sat down with Jameson at an empty booth tucked away into a corner, his other eye closed in concentration as he looked through his other eye that was flying around.

Jameson sat with him for awhile before growing bored, wandering off to look for his other friends.

Marvin could see Schneeplestien talking with Kayla, his face flushed as he downed a shot of some kind of alcohol Marvin didn't know the name of by its appearance.

Marvin moved on from them, making a mental note to get him later as he came across Chase also having a drink at the bar while talking to another guy dressed similarly to him.

"Why am I the responsible one?" Marvin sighed in irritation as he left Chase, finally finding Robbie curled up on the floor fast asleep while next to Jameson.

As the eye started moving back, he felt something, or someone, slap it across the room as if it was a pest.

"FUCKING CHRIST!" Marvin snapped in fear mixed with pain, his eye burning as it returned to him and popped back into its socket before returning to its normal color.

"I'm starting to hate this place more and more the longer I stay." Marvin growled angrily as he gently massaged his eye before walking off to find Robbie first.

"C'mon big guy." Marvin grunted as he heaved the asleep ego up and laid him across his shoulder with the help of Jameson.

"Guys, Jackaboy-Man got himself into a fight!" Chase shouted as he ran towards the two.

The trio of egos jogged towards the bar where Jackaboy-Man was standing in front of the bar face to face with a drunk burly man at least a foot taller than him.

But he didn't back down.

"Jackaboy-Man, back off!" Marvin snapped.

"What kind of name is that?" His opponent sneered as Jackaboy-Man glared at him.

"Aren't you too old to play dress up?" The man continued as Jackaboy-Man hesitantly stepped away per Marvin's request.

"I changed my mind, kick his ass." Marvin decided, watching in amusement as Jackaboy-Man stormed up to the man and punched him with enough force to send him flying across the bar to land on the other side on the floor.

"Easy." Jackaboy-Man scoffed, adjusting his mask as he walked away with Marvin, Robbie, Jameson, and Chase at his side.

"Where's Schneep?" Jackaboy-Man frowned as he scanned the room.

"Here!" Schneeplestien called our from across the room as he walked to join the others.

He was interrupted when the man Jackaboy-Man was fighting with jumped out from behind the bar and tackled him to the floor, sending his stethoscope and hat flying off.

He punched Schneep in the face over and over, seeming to take enjoyment in watching him bleed profusely.

"Zhis motherfucker." Schneeplestien growled as he shoved the man off of him, his body starting to glitch and his eye flashing between pitch black and crystal blue.

It was almost as if he was becoming Antisepticeye.

"We need to go." Chase interjected, taking Schneep's arm forcefully and dragging him outside with the others in tow.

"What the hell happened Doc?" Chase asked Schneep worriedly, letting go of his arm.

"I-I-I-" Schneeplestien stammered, his body shaking as he hugged his arms closer to his chest.

"It's okay, we'll talk when we get back to Sean's house." Chase sighed, absent-mindlessly adjusting the brim of his hat.

Silently the egos trudged back towards Sean's house, all of them occupied with something.

Schneeplestien was in the back of the pack with Chase there for comfort, Marvin was slightly ahead of them with Robbie still motionless on his shoulder and Jameson at his side, and Jackaboy-Man was in the front leading the way with his enhanced vision that allowed him to easily spot Sean's house.

Jackaboy-Man sat down on the arm of the couch, leaving enough room for Jameson to sit next to him, as well as to let Marvin sit down and lay Robbie down on his lap while Chase sat on the other arm of the couch with Schneep sitting down next to him.

"So you're all back."

The egos turned to see Felix emerge from the kitchen, his expression etched with weariness and relief.

"You all got some explaining to do."