Three: Boss

Saturday

Today was the day that I was meeting the man that I was about to marry.

I was dressed in a maroon dress with. It had a low cut on the front, but wasn't too revealing. It was short from the front and long from the back. It also had spaghetti straps. It wasn't too casual and made me look elegant.

I put on a pair of beige heels and wore a bangle. I grabbed my small purse and left my apartment because my uncle had just messaged me that he had arrived.

I opened the door and got in the back seat. Thankfully Blake wasn't there or else it would've been awkward.

"Ready?" Uncle Tom asked.

"Yep," I said as I buckled up.

"Don't be nervous, sweetheart. Their son is a handsome young man," aunty Tricia said. I had nothing to say because I was just too nervous, "He may look a little intimidating at first but he is quite lovely."

"Intimidating?" I furrowed my brows in curiosity.

"He's quite heavily covered," she said.

"What do you mean?" I frowned.

"You'll see."

"Uncle Tom, what is she talking about?" I asked him instead because she wouldn't tell me.

"I don't want to scare you, so just wait and see," was his reply. Seriously?

"Scare me?!" I panicked, "Is he that bad?"

"Oh he's not bad at all, he is just such a polite young man."

"Why do I get the feeling that you're lying to me?"

"We're not, just trust us will you?"

--------------------

We arrived at this huge mansion. It wasn't really a mansion but it was pretty big.

I let out a breath, "Oh shit," I muttered. The nerves were really starting to kick in.

Aunty Tricia rubbed my back to comfort me. I stepped up the stairs of the porch and uncle Tom rang the bell.

The door soon opened up, revealing a man and a woman who looked the same age as my uncle and aunty. He was wearing a grey suit, and looked sophisticated enough to inform me that this was serious. The woman was wearing a blue dress that stopped at her knees, her hair was in a neat bun.

"Hello! Welcome, come in," he smiled and joyfully invited us into his home, "Lovely to meet you Raelyn, I don't know if you remember me, but I was a good friend of your father's," he said to me, lightly touching my back to guide me to his big living room.

"Great to meet you too," I smiled back,  "But sorry, I can't seem to recall your face."

"All good, you didn't see me too much anyways, I'm Paul by the way," he said.

"I'm Lydia. Have a seat, my son should be here any moment," the woman said as she smiled.

Before I could take a seat, I saw the 'handsome young man' that my aunty and were talking about.

Now I know what aunty meant when she said that he was heavily covered. He was covered in tattoos. The only tattoos I could see were the tattoos on his hand from when he was fixing his suit jacket, but I could tell that he had a tattoo sleeve. Who knows where else he had tattoos to be honest.

As his eyes landed on me, his face changed emotions as he realized that he definitely recognised me.

"You?" We both said at the same time.

"Oh, you two know each other?" His father asked.

"Yeah, we met at the grocery store when she nearly tripped on me," he lied.

I narrowed my eyes at him, but I was thankful that he said that, I didn't want everyone to know that I was out clubbing.

Everyone let out a small laugh, "Wow, this shouldn't be too hard then," Lydia said.

"Have a seat everyone," Paul said.

I sat down next to my uncle and the 'handsome young man' sat in the single seat. I still didn't know his name.

"So, Raelyn, I'm sure your Uncle has told you about what will be happening, am I right?" He asked and I nodded.

After he said that I realized that I was about to marry this 'handsome young man.' There was no way I was going to marry him. No way.

He looks to arrogant and I can tell by his expression that he isn't interested either.

"So, the wedding will go down in a few weeks. You two have already been announced as engaged to the public," he said and my eyes widened. They told everyone that we were engaged? What if I back out, which I probably will but I don't have the guts to say it infront of everyone.

"Raelyn, you will be going dress shopping next week with Lydia and Tricia, your appointment as already been made. The venue is ready, invitations have been sent, which means that there is no backing out now. Raelyn and Elijah, I know it's tough to get married to someone you barely know but you need to remember that your doing this for your family. Are we happy with that?" He continued.

Elijah. That's his name.

Now that is a very sexy name.

Shut up Raelyn.

"Elijah? Why don't you be a gentlemen and take Raelyn outside to the backyard so you two can talk?" Lydia smiled at her son.

He smirked at me and stood up, holding his arm out for me to take. I rolled my eyes but was careful that Elijah was the only one that saw and linked my arm in his and he led me outside.

When we got outside he spoke, "I must say, you look beautiful today, though you did look quite hot in that tight little black dress of yours," he winked at me.

I rolled my eyes again, "And I must say, you look the same as you did the other day, like a fucking asshole."

He clicked his tongue, "Now, now, we don't want the elders hearing you swear now do we?" He tilted his head.

"Shut up."

"Oh, I think I need to put a tape over your mouth."

"Ha ha, very funny. You're acting like this now, but your probably worse than me."

"You don't know me, princess."

"I can tell by your looks."

"Don't judge a book by its cover."

"Clothes make the man."

"I seriously need to put a tape over your mouth," he said, stepping closer.

I clicked my tongue, "Now, now, we don't want the elders hearing you say that now do we?" I repeated him and gave him a sly smirk.

"You little-"

"Dinner's ready!" Lydia interrupted.

I gave him a fake smile before strutting away from him, making sure  to sway my hips a little more.

As I was eating, some thoughts came into my mind.

I don't want to marry this dude. He's so rude, he acts like he owns this place, he thinks he's so smart and tough. He's really not though. He's just too proud of himself to be a little nice.

If I'm getting married to him, then I'm gonna need to up my game and show him who's boss.

Better <3

xoxo

C.V.

~~