Seven: A Bad One In A Good Way

I had just come back from the final fitting and I didn't even know that the bridesmaids dresses had already been finalised so I brought Melodie and Kiana along with me so they could try on their dresses but I made sure they didn't see my wedding dress.

By now everyone had left and I was with Melodie and Kiana and we were planning to do something.

"Should we go for lunch?" Melodie suggested.

"Oh! Can we have Mexican food!" Kiana said in excitement.

I shrugged, "Why not."

"Yeah, I don't mind," Melodie agreed.

We got to the food place around 15 minutes later.

After we sat down and ordered our food, all the talk about Elijah started to come to me.

"So, have you met him?" Kiana asked, wiggling her brows.

"Of course I've met him," I replied.

"I can't tell if that was sarcastic or not."

I gave her a weird look, "No, I'm not being sarcastic."

"Again, I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not."

"Oh my God, no. I'm being serious. I have met him."

Kiana laughed, "Okay good. Is he hot?"

I shook my head at her, "Of course you would say that."

She tilted her head forward in a questioning way, "Is he hot or not?"

"I don't know," I gave her a look, "I can tell you that he has tattoos. I'm not trying to stereotype but I don't know if that is hot or not?"

"Shit girl!" Melodie excitedly said, "You got yourself a bad one! In a good way."

"I'm just going to ignore that. Listen, I barely know the guy, I can't really judge him on his looks."

"For someone who's getting arranged marriage you're taking this really well," she replied.

"Well you know, I realized that I don't have to be around him all the time, I still have my own apartment, I won't have to spend too much time with him, and after a while we can just get a divorce and say that it didn't work out, I'm sure his parents would understand."

"Rae, are you sure this isn't just about money?" She narrowed her eyes and randomly said.

"Uncle Tom told me that it's what it was about, but I never really suspected that there would be more to the story."

"Maybe you just have to ask again, this time ask for more information because I don't believe that's the only reason. Your Uncle owns one of the biggest brands in the world, he could've given the money if he wanted to, so I think there's more to the story."

"I agree, money wouldn't have been a problem for your Uncle. He loves you so much that he would've given the money just so you didn't have to get married, so there is definitely more to it," Kiana added.

"Maybe you guys are right, but I don't want to focus on that right now. I just wanted to spend time with you guys and not talk about marriage for once."

**************

I was back home after about 2 hours later and let me just tell you, I was so exhausted. After we ate we just talked for about an hour.

I was back home now and I I realized that it was only 5 o'clock. I had no idea what to do, I wanted to do something but at the same time I was really exhausted.

Then I got a phone call, I looked at the number and it said no caller ID. I stared at the phone in confusion for a few seconds, debating on whether I should pick up or not.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Raelyn?" A lady said.

"Yes, this is Raelyn," I frowned Jan confusion.

"Hi, it's Sammi," she said.

Sammi worked at my office. She was kind of a general manager, she took care of shifts and other things ghat have to do with timing.

"Oh, hey Sammi, what's up?"

"I have just been asked to give you a leave for the next month and I just wanted to tell you."

I widened my eyes in surprise, "Who asked you to do this?"

"Can't say...."

"Sammi, I'll pay you an extra 50% on your next salary, so tell me who said that."

"The boss, your uncle."

I frowned in confusion, "Why would he tell you to do that?"

"He said you were going on a honeymoon and you needed a leave."

"What!" I yelled in shock.

"Hey I have to go, I'm getting a lot of calls in the background."

"N-" before I could finish she hung up.

What the fuck. Why in the world would he do that? There is no way I am going on a honeymoon with that idiot. It's big enough that I'm marrying him so there is no need for a honeymoon, I never agreed to it.

Short. ‹3

xoxo

C. V.

~~