Four: Invitations

I clicked the elevator button to the floor where my office. My week off was finally over, and I was back to work.

When I reached my level I went inside my office, which was mainly covered in glass. I could even see the view of the city and it was beautiful.

As soon as I was about to reach my phone to call mum and dad, Blake into my office.

"Morning," he greeted with a file of papers in his hands, "I need you to go over these files, most of them need your signature, when you're done just give them to Janice."

Working with Blake meant that whatever he was involved in, I was involved too. I was part-owner of this company too, but he was the boss.

I nodded, "Sure," After that, he left.

I dialled my mum's number and hoped that she would pick up.

"Hello? Rae? Is that you?" She said, her voice didn't really sound like she cared.

"Yeah, it's me, how are you and dad?"

"Same as always, we heard you were getting married."

"Yeah, yeah, that's what I called you about. I was hoping you guys would come."

"Oh you know, we're really busy these days, but we will try."

Try. Try. Try. That's what I always hear.

"I mean, dad was the one that agreed to this marriage, I think he should come, and you can maybe tag along."

"If we're not busy then we'll be there."

"Don't you want to see your daughter walk down the isle for the last time as a single woman?"

"Of course we do, but you know if something comes up then it's hard to come. These days we've been having a lot of things to do."

"Alright well, I'm sure you've gotten the invitation, if you can come then I would be happy."

Obviously, I don't think she cares about my happiness, but it would be nice to have my parents there at my first wedding..

"Sure, got to go now, talk to you later, bye," before I could even reply she hung up.

I let out a sigh of disappointment. At least now I know for sure that they won't show up.

I next called my brother, "Hey sis!" He greeted.

"Hey bro!" I chuckled in happiness. Talking to my brother always filled me with joy, I just loved him so much and he was truly the only person who cared about me the most.

"Congrats on getting engaged!"

"Aww, thank you," I smiled, even though he couldn't see me.

"Are you excited?"

"Wait....why are you not asking me any questions about this?"

He remained silent, "Uh....." Luka stuttered.

"You knew?!" I yelled.

"No! Well yes...but. I only knew that you were going to get married one day to some guy named Elijah. I don't know why though."

"Wow, and you wouldn't tell me, I thought we were close Luka," I joked around.

"We are! I'm sorry!"

I laughed, "I'm just kidding, how's Shana?"

"She's great. She's really excited about your wedding."

"Really? Aww, I wish I could see her," my heart filled with sadness.

Shana was the nicest person I have ever met in my whole life. She was such a kind hearted person, her goal was always to make people smile. I guess that's one of the reasons as to why my brother fell in love with her. Also one of the reasons as to why I love her so much.

"Yeah, she misses you too, do you want to talk to her?"

"Yes, please!" I got excited. I hadn't talked to Shana in about 2 weeks. And for us, that's a really long time.

"Hey girl! Long time no talk!" I heard her voice and I started to get happy.

"Oh my God! I know right! What's up! How's the baby!"

"Oh I don't even wanna talk about it. How's your marriage, is he hot?"

I heard Luka yell something in the background and we both laughed, "Oh, his personality isn't, but the body? Ooo he's covered in tattoos!" I said to her.

She screeched in excitement, "You know, the bad ones care the most. I read that somewhere, I don't remember where though."

I sighed, "Doesn't seem like it. He's an asshole, a few days ago when I went to meet him for the first time, well not really for the first time, he tried to act all tough and I just set him straight."

"Wait! That wasn't your first time meeting him?"

I hesitated to tell her when we actually met but I told her anyway, "Uhh...we met at a club before."

"Girl! I didn't know you were such a bad girl! Now don't start doing drugs."

"No!" I laughed, "Anyways, I have to go, the boss left me with a bunch of files to go through."

"Oh tough life. Have fun, I'll talk to you soon, love you."

"Love you too."

Now. Time for some business.

Filler <3

xoxo

C.V.

~~