Six: Coffee Spill

"Hey Melinda could you do me a favour and print all the new designs of the handbags and sneakers that we're planning to have?" I asked Melinda at her front desk.

"Sure, I'll drop them off at your desk," she smiled and I nodded, then walked away.

As I was walking I accidently bumped into someone, I looked up and saw him.

"Watch where you're going," Elijah snapped while looking on his phone.

I frowned, "Watch where you're going," I snapped back because his eyes were still on his phone.

He looked up at me and said, "Oh, it's you," he smirked.

"Yeah, it is. What are you doing here?" I asked because he doesn't even work, but if he does then I have never heard about him or seen him.

"I don't know if you know this but I work alongside my father," Oh that's right, his father works here.

I frowned, "You work here?"

"That's what I just said, alongside my father. I don't usually come here but every once in a while I make a trip here," he shrugged.

I nodded, "O-Okay, well, I'm gonna go now," I pointed to the back with my thumb.

"Okay," he smirked.

After that I just walked away.

-----------------

I started to pack my stuff because my shift was about to be over but then on heard a knock, "Come in," I said without looking at who is there.

"Hey," I heard and I looked up to see Blake.

Great.

"Hey Blake," I replied while continuing to pack my stuff.

"What's up?"

"Nothing really, just about to leave, my shift just ended."

"Cool." He sighed, "So, getting married, huh?"

I knew this was coming and I should've prepared, but clearly I didn't and now I have no clue what to say.

"Blake...." I started.

"No, no," he stopped me and stepped closer, "Look, I just want you know that I will always love you. I know it's been a year but I still love you. You will always be in my heart, okay?"

I know that Blake is my cousin and it's a little weird that he wants to marry me, but in so many other religions and cultures you are expected to marry your cousin.

I always knew Blake cared about me, but I just didn't want to marry him and let him down by not giving him the love that he was giving me.

I nodded to his statement, "You're getting married in a week, but before that I just want to ask you for one favour," he stepped even closer and now our toes were basically touching.

"What is it Blake?" I swallowed.

"One kiss."

I broke his heart. I think he deserves one kiss.

Blake is a great guy, but I just don't have feelings for him.

I started to lean in and he did too. I slowly closed my eyes and waited for our lips to meet.

He then planted his lips on mine. His kiss was soft and pleasant. I kissed him back as my hand went up to his neck and his were on my waist, pulling me closer until our bodies were touching.

I pulled away a few seconds later.

"I'm so sorry Blake," I said as we completely pulled away.

"For what," he frowned in confusion.