Life

"AAAAIIIIEEEE!"

Caesar's ears winced at the high pitched sound of his wife before she threw into a fitting cough. He patted her back before giving her water.

"Must you always do that?"

Kira grinned despite the disapproving glare from her husband.

The past few weeks after the Mating Season fiasco, Ryker got Adeline pregnant and the same could be said for Livius and Amy a few months later.

Now all I need is to hook up Nova and Cornelius!

Kira had the glow she had worn when she first found out she was with child and it made Caesar smile that she was happy.

Kira grabbed her bows and arrows making Caesar furrow his brows "What are you doing?" Kira looked at him with an excited look.

"I need to lower down before I scare them off. I'm off hunting"

Caesar quickly pulled her back "I'm coming with you" Kira rolled her eyes at his remark "I'm not that weak Caesar" Caesar shook his head.

"We both are going and that's final"

***

Kira had to admit herself that it was nice to know that she and Caesar could have some alone time together, their family was growing and everything was hectic.

"Do you think Adeline and Amy would like the baby shower?"

Caesar shrugged as he carried the food they hunted down, mainly birds and small animals.

They went up a path where the berries the apes had planted lay and Kira began plucking out the berries used only for special occasions.

Caesar watched his wife and began recalling the years they had spent together.

When he first saw her in the Primate Shelter he thought she was different from the other yelling and howling apes.

His curiosity about her grew when she saved him from Rocket and became his friend and helped plan on how to liberate his people from the humans.

Curiosity grew into adoration at her endless curiosity about the human world and he was more than happy to teach her with the permission of her parents of course.

That grew to love and affection when they began to hang out more often and only then did he realize it when she kissed him in the cheek.

And then Mating Season came, he not only wanted to prove to her that he was capable of being her mate, he was also showing everyone that she belongs only to him.

And when they had their honeymoon...Damn, he could still relive her pleasurable expression that had him aroused in seconds. He always fears that he might hurt her but she was downright stubborn and literally threatened him on the spot not to go smooth on her.

Kira looked at Caesar and saw a goofy and dazed expression on his face, Kira stood up with the berries in her makeshift basket and waved a hand in front of his face.