To See You Again

The new generation of apes had already taken over the old generation of apes and there was only one ape and human from the old generation.

Nova and Caesar.

Nova was still in her sixties by then but Caesar had exceeded his dying age. The new ape colony knew that these two had a very close bond that could be considered as uncle to niece.

Nova knew Caesar's time is almost up from this world. She had been noticing him looking dazed and far away when there was no one watching him.

"Caesar..."

Nova grasped the old ape by the shoulders as he watched the plains in front of them.

"Kira...."

A small raspy voice that came out of his mouth made Nova smile sadly "I miss her too Caesar" Nova signed with a small rub on his shoulders. Caesar watched the scenery of the setting sun and remembered the time when he and Kira would often meet at sunset on their favorite spot on top of a ravine with a small river below.

Caesar winced before slowly tore his gaze away to look at Nova. The girl had grown so much from her shy and timid nature to the brave woman she is now.

"My time is almost up..."

Caesar signed gravely and Nova paled. She had been dreading the day the ones she loved the most would die before her and the fact that Caesar was the only one who helped raised her die now...

She didn't want to know what she was going to do.

Caesar smiled and lightly tucked the hair that fell out of place "Brave Nova, you will help the young ones as they grow. Make them strong" Nova clutched his fists together and brought them close to her.

"Apes Together Strong"

Caesar felt something brighten up in his chest and he placed his forehead to Nova and the two sat in silence.

***

The humid air and the slow fall of rain was very much a blessing for the plants to grow and give food for the inhabitants surrounding the forest.

However, it was different today.

Sorin had always heard the tales of the First Ape King, his great great grandfather and all his accomplishments of fighting for peace.

Then there was his great great human grandmother Kira, a girl raised by his distant cousins and became Caesar's mate.

Apes lined up in front of the nest of Caesar as Nova cried and cried nonstop while the females tried to comfort her.

The old ape looked at his people with pride and joy that he never felt before the war and he unconsciously reached out for Nova and she quick grasped his hands gently.

"Brave Nova..."

Nova smiled at him "You will be with her again. With Kira" A flash of emotion passed through Caesar before he turned to look at his growing family with smiles and tears.

"Be good...to each other"

Sorin felt a bile rise up only to get lodged in his throat. The apes heard several feet and the rustle from the bushes and trees and all eyes went to a group of humans and Sorin spotted his human friend slowly walk up to then with no spear or bow.

The apes parted for her to pass while the rest of her tribe remained in the tree line, all heads bowed in prayer.

Caesar made his tired eyes loom at the human tribe princess and held out his hand which she grasped and kissed his hand as a sign of respect.