Humans?

A few years before Memory.

***

Gio and Arwyna along with Nova and Cornelius's son, Dale, went out scouting with the other apes. There had been apes hooting out they thought they spotted something they thought they had wiped out years ago.

This caused the residing apes to become restless and Blue Eyes, the current leader, had ordered his son and daughter along with a few apes to check the borders.

Arwyna, already grown up with almost half the male apes after her yet being kept at bay by a very protective ape mother and grandmother, has her mother's fiery side and her grandmother's attitude.

A perfect combination of Lake and Kira.

Gio had the attention of many females and was the spitting image of his father. He was a heartbreaker at best until Kira managed to straighten his act out.

Since then, he was sometimes very cautious of what he does around his grandmother. Many apes questioned it but Kira always answered.

"He should know better than to become a player in front of an old woman"

Needless to say, he learned his lesson after that.

Arwyna scouted above the trees while he was down below "Any unusual signs?" He signed out and Arwyna shook her head in denial.

Dale eyed the bushes until he spotted foot marks that were not one of his own or were any off the apes. They almost looked like his grandmother or his mother's foot tracks but this was far too big to be theirs

Way too big.

A sudden shriek filled the air and Dale looked up to see Arwyna looking in front with her eyes wide as she shakily pointed up ahead.

"What's the matter?!"

He hooted out. Her answer nearly made the apes around them tremble both in anger, shock and most of all, fear.

"I see Human encampment!"

***

News spread throughout the ape village and Caesar had requested Blue Eyes to keep an eye out for the humans.

"They're different from the ones you describe me father"

Arwyna hooted as the Royal Ape family crowded around the huge nest of Kira and Caesar.

"They don't wear the dark clothing these humans soldiers wear. They almost don't wear anything except to cover the..."

Arwyna blushed pink and gestured to the parts where she always hated speaking or hooting about it.

"We have heard of humans like those. They are natives, people who live in forest like us and considered to be different from the other humans"