Memory

Gio walked up the stone pathway to his grandparent's nest. His 5 year old daughter beside him.

"Father are we there yet?"

Gio smiled at his daughter "One more step baby and we're here" Kiara quickly made her way to the entrance of the cave and saw her grandfather sitting still.

The old ape's eyes brighten when he caught sight of his great granddaughter.

"Hello Kiara, what brings you here today?"

Kiara grinned before showing an array of colorful flowers being woven as a crown.

"I heard from Papa Livius that Mama Kira used to do this when she was my age"

A flash of pain went into the ape's eyes as he shakily held the gift close to the one he was holding.

"Her birthday is coming up, can you come to the party?"

Gio gave his grandfather a pained smile as he held his daughter by the shoulder.

"I'm sorry sweetape, but I think Papa Caesar needs some alone time"

Caesar gave his grandson a grateful smile but felt a twinge of pain as disappointment flashed in Kiara's eyes.

"Okay father, I guess I'd better go. I promised Allen I'd come play with him"

Kiara gave Caesar a kiss on the cheek before she sped away. Her face full of joy and brimming with life. For a moment, the old ape thought he saw the face of his wife.

"She's just like grandma"

Gio smiled as his daughter raced back to the village square. Caesar didn't say anything bit found himself staring at the old flower crown filled with different kinds of animal teeth.

Caesar stood up from his sitting position and gently placed the flower crown on his neck.

Gio watched in awe as Caesar struggled to walk out of his cave. The two slowly went towards the awaiting apes and each ape held the expressions of awe and shock.

Caesar saw a familiar human ape running towards him and felt arms wrap around him. Nova smiled at him with tears in her eyes "I thought you would never come" She signed.

Caesar didn't say anything as he looked at the apes around him. They held soft smiles and hoots of encouragement.

He saw his brothers and sister's in law. Despite being in their old ages, they held the glow of youth as they smiled (Adeline and Ryker smirked) at him.

Two figures stood out amongst the crowds as his fully grown up sons, Blue Eyes and Cornelius made their way up to him.

"Thanks for coming father, it is an honour to be here with you"