4

If love is for the sake of Allah, it never dies.

**************************

Sitting in the living room, flipping pages of a fashion magazine, Maryam heard the doorbell ring. "Who's there?" She inquired.

"It's me, Frank." She heard the gatekeeper say.

"The door is not locked, come in," she said, averting her gaze from the magazine.

He pushed open the door and walked in.

"What is it?"

"There is a girl outside, requesting to speak to you, madam." he replied.

"A girl? What does she want?" She asked.

"She didn't tell, she just pleaded with me to allow her in." he replied.

"Alright then, let her in," she ordered.

"Alright ma," Moses bowed slightly before leaving to open the gate and let the unknown girl in.

The doorknob twisted and a girl of about sixteen - seventeen came in. She was dark skinned, average in height and very beautiful indeed.

"Good evening ma," she greeted and before Maryam could comprehend, she had already knelt down on the floor.

"What are you doing? Please get up." She mentally cringed. How may I help you?" She enquired.

The girl stood up and instantly began to shed tears. She began to narrate the sordid details of her family so melancholically. "My dad who was the only source of our income, passed away six years ago and things have been very difficult for us ever since then. My mother is left to take care of four children and she doesn't have a permanent job, she goes around helping people fetch water from the well, washing dishes for them and washing their clothes and now my brother is in need of medical care. He is very sick and we can't afford to take him to the hospital and that is why I'm here in the city. I used all of my savings and my siblings' as well to get here. Please help me save my brother's life for the sake of Allah, I will do anything you want." she pleaded amidst tears.

"Don't worry dear, in sha Allah, I will help. How much do you need for your brother's hospital bill?" Maryam asked.

"Fifty thousand naira only." the girl whose name was still unknown to Maryam replied.

"Fifty thousand?" Maryam asked for some sort of confirmation. She took pity on her after hearing her story and out of humanity, she was willing to help her out.

"I know I'm only but a stranger to you, but if you help me today, Allah will forever bless you and your entire household for your kindness towards the poor," she added.

"Where do you live?" Maryam inquired sympathetically.

"I don't live here in Abuja, I live in a village called Agaie." she replied.

"Oh, you came all the way from your village to look for help here. I totally forgot." She mentally face palmed.

"Yes ma," she answered with her head hung low.