chapter one; the beginning

"Felix, you dummy!"

Felix rubbed his eyes. "Don't call me that! I'm smarter than you think I am." She started sobbing. "Wh-what now??"

She tried to speak through her muffled sobs. "I tried.. so.. hard.. to.. c-collect these! And you threw them away just like that!" She covered her face with her hands.

"I didn't throw them away! I just brought them back to where they belong! They have a family too, you know..."

She placed her hands on her lap. "Y-you're right.."

"See! I told you I'm smart!" Felix grinned.

"Hmph! I never said you weren't."

"Ooh, Hyerin thinks I'm smart~ "

"Stop before I take it back!"

"Ima tell our parents~" Felix said, as he got up from the grass.

"Stop it, Felix!"

It started to snow. "Felix! Snow!" Hyejin said, happily, while jumping up and down.

Suddenly, Felix hugged her and patted her head. Hyejin looked at him,confused. "My mom told me that you should hug the person you love when it snows." He said.

"Why?"

"Dunno."

Then, Hyejin wrapped her arms around him and they smiled brightly. "I'm still telling our parents though." Hyejin tried to kick him and Felix started running away, laughing.

" Hyejin tried to kick him and Felix started running away, laughing

Hyerin chased Felix around the park until they saw Hyerin's uncle. "Hi!" Felix said, smiling.

Hyerin's uncle smiled at him and nodded. "I'm afraid I will have to bring Hyerin with me for a while.."
Hyerin looked at Felix, confused, but held her uncle's hand and proceeded out the park and got on his car. The car started to move, and Hyerin glanced back to see Felix waving his arm. And that was the last time she saw him.

"My life was rock bottom, an edge of a cliff
I'm walking in a dark tunnel
Cruel and fearful days
I'm enduring through alone"
[hellevator]
-stray kids

ten years later...

"Felix! There's a letter for you!" His mother yelled from downstairs.
Felix rubbed his eyes. He headed downstairs as he slid into his white hoodie. He picked up the letter. All of his hope drained from him. The letter was old and in bad condition. "This isn't the letter from Changbin.."

"Oh really? Then what is it? Open it up." His mother replied.

To: lee feLIX
From:pArk hyeJin

Felix paused. He put it back on the table. "Hm? Aren't you gonna open it?"

"It's nothing important, mom."

"Oh really?" She glanced at the mail. "I'll just throw it away then."

"Oh, I'll just keep it... just in case." He replied, as he shoved it into his pocket and walked away from the kitchen.

"Park Hyejin.. it's been a long time since I've talked to her.. I wonder how she's doing after that incident.." She murmured.