chapter eight; as if there's no tomorrow

"I'm praying to live as I try to endure
With the piercing eyes on me
I'm going insane
Even if I succeed
I'll be someone's clown
So people tell me to give up on becoming a singer
I'm getting weak
But I keep pushing myself"
[hellevator]
-stray kids

"OPEN THE DOOR!"

Hyejin squinted. She checked her phone. It's only 5:33 am, she thought.

"IT'S NAYEON, OPEN UP."

Hyejin got up without even thinking and literally flew to the door. She opened the door. Nayeon was wearing a white shirt and light blue ripped jeans. "TOAAAD!" Hyejin cried.

"Ugh, I'm so tired. Where's my room?" Nayeon yawned.

"Lol, why do you need a room? When are you leaving?"

"I'm staying here for a week. I'm on school vacation right now~"

"Oh my god, seriously??? You can stay in the guest room next to my room!" Hyejin exclaimed. They headed up the stairs as Hyejin helped Nayeon with her luggage.

"Did you find a boyfriend in your new school?" Nayeon asked.

"What, no! Of course not!" Hyejin strongly denied. "How's your relationship going with Minho?"

(A/N: soRRY MINHO STANS, IM SO SORRY! Widjdirn I love Minho, too, but like I needed a name for this character. FORGIVE MEE)

"We broke up."

"What?! Why?"

"He cheated on me." Nayeon said, with a neutral expression.

"HE'S ABOUT TO CATCH THESE HANDS—"

"It's fine. He deserved better."

Hyejin softened. Nayeon doesn't usually act like this. She had high self esteem and confidence. She was always happy about the way she is. "No he doesn't. That hoe cheated on you! He deserves nothing. Tell me where he is and I will FIGHT him. Okay?—"

bzzzzzzzzzzz

incoming call from ###-###-####
decline accept

"This is Felix.. My mom wants to invite you for my birthday party."

Nayeon raises an eyebrow at Hyejin. Hyejin replied to Felix and said, "Do I have to come?"

"Yeah we're coming!" Nayeon intervened, happily. Hyejin glared at her.

"Uh, who is this?"

"This is Hyejin's best friend, Nayeon~"

Hyejin, then, snatched her phone back and asked, "When are we starting the project?"

"Actually, do you want to come over right now..? We can eat lunch together.. that's one of the tasks, right?"

Hyejin looked at Nayeon, asking her for her opinion. Nayeon nodded. "Sure, but can my friend come, too?

"Sure."

"You told me you didn't have a boyfriend." Nayeon said, as they knocked on his door.

"Stop it, Toad. I told you I don't because I don't!" Hyejin said, frustrated.

"Okay, okay!"

A familiar person opened the door. It was Changbin, Felix's friend. "Oh! I met you yesterday!" He said, surprised.

"Y-yeah.. This is my friend, Nayeon." Hyejin said. Nayeon greeted him and they headed in the house.

Nayeon whispered to Hyejin, as they went into the living room, "He's cute!" And earned another glare from Hyejin.