chapter twenty-eight; my character's like half and half

(5k!! Thank you 💓)

The only thing that was on Hyejin's mind was Felix's confession. She was too surprised to feel surprised— if that makes sense. So does she still feel the same way? She's not sure. What would they do if she feels the same way as Felix? Will they date? What would happen if he changes his mind after they start dating? What if she's too awkward or boring? What if he loses interest? Questions like that popped up in her head causing stress as she got out of the hospital elevator.

"Jin-ah, you are early." Said a man in his mid fifties. He has some strands of white hair with strands of brown hair. That man was her uncle or Chaeyeon's father. He was already out of his hospital clothing and even had his shoes on. Only her uncle called her Jin as a nickname because it meant bright and beautiful.

"Neo meog-eun jeog issni? (Have you eaten?)"

"Ye. (Yes). Some of that weird hospital food. Gaja. (Let's go)." He made a face when he described the hospital food as she lead him to the elevator and they went to the first floor and were on their fifteen-minute walk home.

Her uncle sighed. "Jin-ah,"

"Ye? (Yes?)"

"Am I a bad person?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Two people have already left me.." he began in his worn out voice. "Chaeyeon and Choon-Hee (his ex wife)." Hyejin remained silent and did not respond to his question.

"It's been so long since I've been back home," Her uncle said with an excited, yet exhausted tone.

Felix and Changbin were talking outside of Felix's house.

"Binnie! It's been so long since you've hung out with me. It's suspicious." Changbin stopped dribbling the basketball. Felix leaned closer. "Are you hiding something?"

Changbin almost choked on his saliva. "W-w-what could I be hiding?"

"I don't know... a girlfriend?"

Changbin's face quickly reddened. "Actuallyiminarelationshipwithnayeonakahyejin'sfriendiwasgoingtotellyousoonbut.."

"Whoa, slow down. Oh look it's Hyejin." Felix pointed and Changbin sighed in relief. Hyejin took her keys out from her jean pocket and looked up ahead when she heard her name. Perfect timing...

"Annyeong (hi) Hyejin!" Changbin waved enthusiastically. Hyejin gave an awkward wave back.

"Geudeul-eun nugu-inga? (Who are they?)" her uncle asked her quietly.

"Weirdos." She muttered back. And then, even better, Changbin headed towards her and her uncle and dragged Felix with him.

Her uncle seemed to be thinking deeply and his forehead wrinkles had shown. "Ah! I remember you! Lee Felix, right?"

"Who..? Oh! Are you Hyejin's uncle?"

Her uncle threw a bunch of compliments at him and she was embarrassed. "Ye, ye, ye. (Yes, yes, yes.) It has been so long! You were a little boy back then. You've grown up so much! You're even taller than Hyejin now! And you are very handsome."

Felix gleamed. "Thank you, sir." Hyejin rolled her eyes and Changbin seemed to be in another world on his phone. He was smiling like a freak.

"Would you like to come over?" Her uncle asked them and Felix nodded his head very quickly before Hyejin could protest. Changbin was still in his own world. Who knows what he was looking at. Hyejin grumbled and unlocked her front door and invited them inside.