chapter thirty-nine; like raindrops falling on my head

I'm doing these thank you chapters for groups and people I stan bc the book is ending soon ❤️

We can rest but it's still too early
We need to rest but it's still so far away
The path we must go on
Even though we can't see the end, we must go to the end
On this path without a map
It's a maze, don't wanna look back
Only looking forward as we run
Shining through the darkness

glow
stray kids

Hyejin woke up in the empty hospital room and saw Nayeon napping. Hyejin laughed as she listened to Nayeon snore. Nayeon opened her eyes after noticing a noise.

"Nayeon... why am I here?"

Nayeon rolled her eyes. "I should be asking that question. Why am I here? Why do you keep fainting? Geez." Hyejin looked unamused so Nayeon just laughed it off. "Okay, so you blacked out 'cause you, an idiot, ran in the freezing rain for a while."

"Where's Felix?"

"JYP."

"Oh."

Nayeon looked at her pitifully. "Don't worry. There's plenty of guys out there."

Hyejin glared at her. "So what? Will you find another guy and get over Changbin?"

Nayeon looked offended and Hyejin immediately regretted saying that. "Sorry. Why would you break up if you love each other? It makes no sense."

"You don't understand, idiot. I hate getting in the way between someone and their dream and what they love."

"Does he know that?"

"No. I made up an excuse."

Hyejin frowned. Many people think that Nayeon is cruel, but she's the kindest on the inside. They just never know the whole story. But Nayeon is always the one suffering and she just shrugs it off.

FLASHBACK

Nayeon grabbed her phone out and tapped the camera app. She turned the selfie mode on and started applying red lip tint on her lips before Changbin arrived at the café shop. They were going to the movie theater after getting some drinks. The café smelled like milk chocolate and roses. Nayeon's face automatically lit up when Changbin appeared and dropped his backpack on the chair across from her's.

"I'm going to the restroom-" he looked so anxious and Nayeon laughed and shooed him towards the bathroom.

Shortly after Changbin rushed to the bathroom, his bag dropped onto the ground. Silly Changbin forgot to zip his backpack, so a few things dropped out. Nayeon shaked her head in disbelief and went to pick up the items. There were earbuds, some coins, and a piece of paper.

She neatly placed the earbuds and coins into a section of his bag. When she was about to put the paper in his bag, some words caught her eye.

오디션 통과 축하.
congratulations for passing the audition

What audition?

Oh.

He auditioned five months ago. That was a bit before we started dating.

She quickly shoved the paper into his bag and zipped it before he came back.

* * *

"Before we say goodbye, let go
But I'm lost in the maze of my heart
From stereo to mono
That's how the path splits,"

The movie was about a heartbroken boy and girl got to know each other and fell in love. They understood each other so well and wished for the best for each other. There were many conflicts that interfered with their relationship. The biggest obstacle was time. They lost contact with one another, but found each other at the same place they first met ten years later.

"At first every day is like that
Beyond the tears hidden in the rain
I'll wait for you, let's start over
So that in the future
I can meet you again with a smile,"

If only our relationship could be like that.

Nayeon started to tear up thinking about it. It's not possible for us to date while he's training to become an idol or when he becomes an idol. It's only going to hurt the both of us. It's better to end everything quick, right? So I wouldn't be an obstacle between him and his future. Nayeon sniffed and Changbin tightened his grasp on her hand.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Nayeon shook her head. "Awe, you're so cute. Did this scene really make you cry? Aww, what a baby~"

9:54 pm

Nayeon
Let's... break up.