New Year's Resolutions

4...3...2...1

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!"

A huge wave of loud sounds flooded my ears; Champagne glasses clanking, drunk people screaming and passed out strangers snoring in the corner.

I sigh and sip on my Coke as Isom and Sean are both leaning against me, both kissing their ladies. Thanks guys, I couldn't feel like more of a third weel, to be honest.

"There you are! You can't escape me, Markie."

Ah, there he is. I could see his golden head peaking through all the other shorter guests as he walks towards me clumsily. I quickly squeeze myself between Isom and Sean to get to my beloved fellow.

"Come on, now. It's already past midnight  but we still can make the time stop together."

I rolled my eyes at his corny remark and just  drag him to a nearby room that seemed to be completely empty. I closed the door as soon as we walk in and look at him.

Ponsi.

His azure eyes were filled with red vains due to the alcohol he was drinking all night but there was still something incredibly charming behind them. His lips curved into a lucious smile as he slowly went towards me. I pinned my back to the door and looked up at him, smirking.

"Looks like you've had quite the fun at the pitcher that was at the table, huh?"

He holds my hands and gives me his little sneaky side smile that I completely adore.

"I'm about to have much more fun now that we're here alone."

My heart beat rose. Ponsi was so closed to me that I felt his liquor breath. He rested his hands on my lower back and brought his lips towards mine.

An electric feeling hit me and butterflies in my stomach were set free. This whole night. This whole fucking night was wort it just because I got to feel this way again.

"Happy New Year."

I whisper to him, when our lips slowly separate.

"Happy New Year."

He responded and we exited the room, both smiling from one ear to another.

●●●

"Did you manage to kiss someone, Mark?"

Isom was the only one who wasn't drunk beyond it being annyoing. Yes, he was tipsy, but his drunk state was bareable for a sober person.

"Um... Yeah."

"Uuuuh. Which hottie did you pick?"

I smiled and took a final sip of my Diet Coke.

"That's a secret."

"And gentleman never reveals his secret, am I right?"

I nod and Isom started laughing like an old man, who has smoked a packet of cigarette in one sitting. I have yet to tell him and Sean about Ponsi and I.

To be fair, I've yet to tell anyone about Ponsi and I. I somehow managed to keep it away even from the nosey Evan, which is already quite impressive. Well, when I'll gather enough courage, I'll tell them; until then, I am gonna have to hide in empty rooms to make out with Ponsi.

I see Sean coming towards me and he sat next to me on the stairs.

"So, what's your New Year's resolution?"

He asked me and made himself comfortable on the staircase. Oh, right, the resolution bullshit. I truly love how every asshole complains about failing his resolution that he gave himself that year. Love it.

"I have decided to let my hair grow past my shoulders."

He laughs strangely and I join him.

I like how Sean doesn't take anything too seriously but also has the ability to notice when things should be taken more seriously. He lefts me alone again as he walks towards the beer pitcher.

New Year's resolution. What should I promise myself? Maybe... I look over to Ponsi , who was laughing with another completely wasted guy in the corner.

Maybe I should keep an eye on this guy.