Bloody Knuckles

Jack's POV

"You said nothing can keep me from you. So why do I have to leave?" I asked him, a tear falling down my face. He stood up and came over to me. He wrapped an arm around me and rested his head on my shoulder.

"You remember when I had a meeting with my boss?" He began. I nodded. "Well, your hometown is deteriorating, all due to your absence. Zeus gave Hades a week to fix things...I was given a week to take you back."

"Why didn't you tell me?" I argued. "None of those people care about me Alex, and you know it. You've seen how the treated me."

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want to lose you, and I know the moment I take you back you'll forget about me." He kissed my cheek lightly. "And sometimes, people keep their true feelings hidden."

"I'm not going. I don't fucking care what happens to everyone. This is my home." I sniffled a little. "You're my home. Wherever you are, that's my home"

"No..I-I can't."

"Well, will you still visit me like before?" I held onto the hope that he would, so it wouldn't be as bad as it had been. He shook his head.

"No, I'm not able to anymore." He told me sadly.

"No! I won't go. I don't give a flying fuck anymore. I'm staying here, with you." I stood up quickly and began pacing. "There has to be a way I can stay."

"You actually want to stay?" He sounded surprised. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Why're you surprised?"

"I dunno, I assumed you'd want to leave."

"How much time do we have left?" I asked him, ignoring his comment and fearing the worst.

"Three days." He stood and came over to me. "Stop pacing, love."

"I don't want to go back to that place. No one loves or cares about me there. You do, you care."

"I'm not the only one though. Believe me, if it were up to me, you'd never have to leave, but it's not up to me. Your hometown needs you. Don't you care?"

"No. I stopped caring a long time. Ya know, for most of my life, I was pretty selfless, always doing shit for others. Always worrying and caring about others. What did that get me? Nothing but loneliness and bitterness. So no, I don't fucking care. If you take me home...I'll just kill myself. I'd rather be dead then alive there." I stormed out of the room and into the bedroom. Inside, my stomach churned away with uneasiness.

Screaming out in frustration, I started punching a wall. This wasn't fair. How fucking dare someone actually fucking dictate where I should go. Yeah, sometimes I hated being in the Underworld, but that was only when Alex wasn't around. Punching harder and bruising my knuckles even more, I screamed again.

I probably shouldn't have told Alex that I'd kill myself. Mostly because, who's to say I'll wind up back here? I'd been a pretty decent person, so I might die and go to Heaven, if it exists. Then I'd be even farther from Alex. But then again, I finally got my answer of what happens when you die. The endless possibilities are what has prevented me from taking my life before. But nothing really held me back from it anymore. But, why would I be killing myself? I mean, I really did like Alex, and it is unfair that when I find someone truly like and start to let them in, I have to leave. Why? Why couldn't I be happy and be allowed to fucking fall in love with Alex?

Wait, what? Did I want to fall in love with Alex? I mean, I could see it happening...Fuck. If I wouldn't have been forced into leaving, I never would have thought about it. Maybe that's a good thing then. By that point in my thinking, I had stopped punching the walls and was standing still. Anger flowing through my veins. The door opened slightly, and there stood Alex, a mug cupped in his hands. He extended the mug to me.

"I-I made you hot chocolate." He whispered. The anger left me the moment he opened his mouth.

"Oh, Lexy." I took the mug and set it aside. "Thank you." Roughly, I pressed my lips to his. He kissed me back weakly.

"Love, we need to talk." He said, pulling out of the kiss. I sighed and took a sip of the hot chocolate. The liquid scalded my tongue, but that didn't concern me. "I know you're upset, and I am too-"

"No shit." I muttered before taking another sip.

"But, we need to figure this out rationally." He said softly.

"Fuck rationally! Take me back if you want I told you already; I'll kill myself. There's nothing holding me back" I growled at him.

"You think I want to take you back? I love you, you know this." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Fucking hell, Jack."

"It's not fair. It's not right. I fucking like you a lot, and it's not fair that this-" I gestured to the air between me and Alex. "Has to end."

"Who says it has to end?"

"It's not gonna work! Don't you get it?"

"I do!" He screamed. It was the first time I'd ever heard Alex ever raise his voice about anything. "It's not my choice, and this is hurting me too, love. This is the hand we've been dealt, okay?"

"But, there has to be some way."

"If there is, I'll find it, okay?" He pecked my lips quickly. "Let me see your hands." He gently held my hands in his. He frowned at the sight of my knuckles.

"They don't hurt." I assured him. He shook his head and pulled me into the bathroom. "They'll be fine." He got out some medicine and bandages. I tried pulling my hands away.

"Let me take care of you, sweetheart." He kissed me once. Dipping a cotton ball into the rubbing alcohol, he stared cleaning the cuts on my knuckles. Every time I winced, he kissed me. When he'd finished, he covered each of my knuckles with it's own individual, small, circle, band-aids. "There." I laughed a little. We left the bathroom and went back into the bedroom. "Damn, you punched holes into the wall." I turned to see three gaping holes in the wall.

"Oh." Was all I could say.

"Get some sleep, love." He kissed me gently. "I'm gonna make damn sure that you can't ever leave." With one more kiss, he left the room, leaving me alone with even more frustration about the situation.

_____

A/N: Did anyone catch the Taking Back Sunday reference? And I'm terribly sorry about my lack of updates for the past week. That's why I uploaded this chapter and the previous tonight. Thank you for reading. :)