Chapter 2

The next day...

    Mars woke up, got dressed, ate breakfast, the usual. Nothing ever changed. She did want to check out some colleges. Mars grabbed her phone and looked up some close by ones. There were only two high ranked ones. A nerdy science school, where Courtney was going to, and an art school. Mars, not being an artist, sighed and looked at the science school, which apparently only excelled in science, but had other subjects. She put her phone down to look at her calendar to see when she was free.

   She set up a day for her and Courtney to check out the school together. Mars could tell that Courtney did her best to sound excited, but Courtney, sounding like a robot and having a speech impediment, still sounded monotone, like always. 

   Mars waited for her at the front when she saw someone familiar. She looked at the person. She almost immediately made out that it was Tabitha. He must've seen her, cause he headed over to her. Mars thought Tabitha was pretty nice, just a bit... odd and geeky. "Hi. You're Mars, right?" Tabitha greeted her. Mars nodded. "Indeed. So you plan on going here for school, huh Tabitha?" Tabitha nodded. "Yes! I actually am really interested in all kinds of science, mainly Earth Science though." Mars nodded. I guess he did win first place in the science fair... a lot. She said to herself. Mars made herself look interested. Tabitha kept going on about something.

   Then someone kicked her back.

   "Ow! What the fuck?!" Mars said stumbling forward. "Come on, we don't have all day." She heard Courtney behind her. Mars looks at Courtney. "Sorry. Geez." Courtney looked at Tabitha, then turned around, swishing her hair in a snobby way, and started walking into the building. Mars gave him an apologetic look before following Courtney.