Chapter 2 • The God's Blessings and Curse | Reincarnated From Vanity

"Takashi Maeda, do you wish to spectate your pitiful death?"

Though amidst the darkness, a raspy voice called out my name.
I felted such omnious hand, resting on my shoulder.

"Who are you? What had happened?"

Alarmed, I hasty turned to faced the orgin of the voice.
But then it seems... a old man with tailored vest with black attire appeared from behind, and since then everything instantly hued brilliantly white.

"So do you wish to know how your life ended?"

"Um... pardon?"

"Ah~ sorry for the sudden surprise, I'm The Kami that governs the wheel of life and I have come here to announce your death."

"I died?"

"Yes indeed~, in fact from a sudden heart attack caused from a overwork and stress"

"Oh",...
"I should have listened to my doctor back then, so I really did died... How unfortunate my life was *sigh~"

"That was a iindeed unfortunate, but perhaps you wish to spectate your death?"

"My death?"

"Yes I could replay the very incident in front of your very eyes, that is if you're still concerned about that old body..."

"Acually.... Forgive me for making you repeat your intention, but I rather be left unaknowleged abou-it"

"So then it's a no then, may I hear any comments about how you lived your life?"

"Just full of regrets, I lived an unfulfilling life and suffered desolation because of my young foolishness Kami-sama"

"Hmm... understanding your regrets; I can, for not having a child nor wife, or and even your parents had left you early.... You lived a simple yet hard working life"....
"But rejoice for I have come not only to announced your death but also to declare your next fate"

"My fate Kami-sama, my afterlife?"

"Partially correct but yes, I've given a choice to you to choose either to enter heaven's paradise though with your clinging regrets,
or relive your life by reincarnating your new body in another world?"
"The choice... is yours~"

"Reincarnation.... Or heaven..."
"Ah~ then Kami-sama, may I choose to reincarnate?"

"Reincarnation it is then?"

"Yes"

"Well now then, I well breifly explain briefly about what was to happen afterwards so do listen well~"

"Oh... um, ok~"

"The world, in which I will reincarnate you to relive your new life is in a fantasy-like world"

"Oh, do you mean similarly to those in manga Kami-sama?"

"Ah yes, the more you are familiar with the concept the easier it is to explain, and before sending you off to this world, we will discuss the details your identity.
Well that's the gist of it.
And of any race of the world are yours to choose, for a template for your new body~"

"Ah many thanks, but I was rather simple don't follow to such matters. May I please ask for an example?"

"Ah yes, Races that are found in a fantasy world. For example, beastman; with the characteristc of a half-beast and half-man, demons, or even if you are comfortable with your original form, a human is good may be a choice too~."
"And whether it's fauna or flora, as long as it's a valid body, you may choose among them."

"Then... If it's not a bother, may I have a recommendation?"

"Ah a recommendation?... if that was the case, then.... how about the vampire race? Though their vitality are weaker a than humans, they have exceeding high magic capabilities and have a longevity."

"Then... if you don't mind, could I please choose that option please"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes please"

"Hmm.... You've been the politest mortal I've met since the past century"

"Thank you Kami-sama?"

"Then for your cooperation with me, would you like to have a dedire granted?"

"A wish?"

"Yes a wish, a wish of your desire will come true as long as you relive in your new life~"

"That's... That's amazing, thank you Kami-sama"

"Yes but in return for compensation, I will take something from you worth of equal value of what's you've ask, you don't mind that do you?"

"Ok..."

Compensation, meaning a wish will be granted for the price of something of equal value in return. In extreme cases then basically to be heavenly gifted in one aspect but morbidly impaired in another. Its a great gamble if ask to greedily. I should ask want I want most, no more than that then~

"Now then, please state your most wish desired wish with warning that a curse of a equal value will be bestow after the wish is confirmed"

...

"Then what shall it be?"

"If I had to choose, may I ask unparalleled wisdom and intelligence?"

"Hmm that's not a bad wish, but aren't you already wise beyond your years?"

"Yes, but I wish for unparalleled wisdom and intelligence for deciding the best decision throughout my new life."

"You don't want any other powers, weapons, or even great wealth then?"

"No Kami-sama, I don't"

"Hee~ ok, then this is the last call before I state your compensation and release you on your own. Do you want to change?"

"With all due respect, no Kami-sama"

"Then with this I herby bestow to you, Niizuma Shiori;
a body of a vampire,
gifted with unparalleled wisdom and intelligence,
for compensation of a blindness of an eye and The Morbid Seal of Grim; Imprisoning the Dragon of Grim Death... May you endure and perserve happiness"

Then the self proclaimed Kami-sama held my forehead and a painful rush came within.

And with that my consciousness fades faintly away...
I suppose I have to wait for my deal indeed...
Wait Niizuma Shiori?!??

Sela~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By
J. J. Kusuma
28/12/2017
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------