Chapter 11 • New World | Reincarnated From Vanity

About 4 am by earth standards...
As I gaze at the rooftops, how long since then?
About a year perhaps?
Wondering whether if it was either distant or not.

Japan, Kami, Rain, Dreams, Drama, and Cityhood.
Well a lot did happened.

The morning is still infant, the fog hasn't departed.
Remlangt hasn't been known for it's parks yet... It should have though.
Roads hasn't been too occupied yet,
Only storekeepers preparing and the city guards patrolling.
Well that and some hounds barking at a distance.

Opening window for some air, wooden panels and all.
Some jettying houses number quite a few, rarely if they gone up to fourth floor.
Actually it's quite up high here in this attic, you could almost sight half a mile.
Luckily I landed at a tavern in the edge of the ghetto and city's brim. City walls is just a minute walk out.

A gust gently extinguish my candle, and some pages turned.
My ears twitch at the chirping sparrows, I like to hearing to it.
That neighbor just finished hanging her laundry...

I guess time to start work then...

Quite proud being the early bird, I could do so much work myself.

The owner of this tavern happened to be an old friends of Riza-Oneesan.
Old man now around his 50s and once part of her village.
His name is Gaius, the hood call him "Oldie lager"; (*all the lager(AU))
Known to ring up 46 beer mugs in a single sitting, out completing the previous 42 when he was younger or so I've heard. Openly friendly and had a lot of comrads at the time he was in the army Garrison.

He apparently out lived his wife due a sickness few years back, and both his sons went out of town.
I wonder where they are now, I hear they haven't gotten in touch yet.

He agreed to take me in as an adopted child.
Perhaps out pity I suppose.
Well I guess he would love the company and more help to when night fell.
You see, as dusk nears by, so will the crowds.
Singing, dancing, cheap feasts, gambling, loud rambling, prostitutes and the occasional brawl fight that often took place.
Most of them were actually not humans; half beasts and dwarfs was common.

Gaius here was rather popular here as with the name "Bearded Axe", name of the establishment.
Cheap booze and food was as much available as it was affordable.
Cost was brought to a minimum here for the good reputation you see.
Big place indeed as there was about 10 × 15 meters of space or about 150m^2 of space on the first floor. Gambling tables and feast tables on the first floor were lined up and ready in the morning. There were Aunt Waler, Jack L, and Huglas, the permanent workers here.
Also the contract prostitutes, but I'll discuss those later.
They won't come in untill around 3~4pm. I slept past around 8~10 pm

Bring in water from the well, fruits and vegetables from the market, a lot of meat from butcher Domreyy, a lot of cheap liquor form the brewery, and some milk for myself. I helped with the food preparation and sometimes help out at the bar. Thus I too had various connections with the slums nearby, they even nickname me "Gaius's bastard daughter" as the joke.

The attic was hard work for old Gaius to get into so he had handed me the attic all to myself.
Of course it wasn't just my stuff but also double as a storage room. There it had my bed, cabinet, table, chair, and my properties. Winter stocks and tools will be also at my place as well. And even then, I still have a lot of space left over.

The second floor was where many rooms were held for prostitutes to have their own space. Around 7-9 small rooms with grass beds. And every night there could be five of these occupied. And I washed those bed sheets along with an aunt Waler every 3 days...

I honestly was disturbed by how much racket people can get in a heat frenzy. As time went on I guess I gotten used to it.
Of course I was bewildered at first, infact I can slightly see them in action through the small cracks of the floor. Well I have a son no more now...

The first floor was walled in with cobble stone. Mr.Gaius slept in the back with the kitchen, while the front was the dining table.

As I ready myself with the hand me down boys cloth I gotten, I came down to start the day.
Down the rickety stairs and to Mr. Gaius room.

Zzzzzzzz.......zzzzzzzz.......zzzzzzzz

Still asleep, I guess he's just knock up by some booze or business.
Gave him a quick kiss and off I close the door.
I quickly get my wooden sandals that scale 3 cm of the ground and miniature hoe and get on to work.
Scraping what seemed like unspoken filth out the door and into the hole would take about 1 hour, along side the tables clean. Then I would wash my hands and feet with part cheap alcohol mixed in with water and head to my room to change.

There was no running water per say... Which Japanese me would definitely be crying now.
So what can do will do.

I take out my clothes and inspect if there was dirt anywhere my body. Make sure that none of that down stairs makes it up here. Every nook and cranny.
Wiping my body with mixed alcohol and then water. I make personal hygiene quite important.

Guess I did felt guilty from time to time, I was a adult male. Washing myself felt like a sin at first. And you know, not to demerit, I was quite the pretty flower, comparable to Earth's beauty standards. And I even did a few experiments with my own body, here and there. Like how my strength compare to a human, garlic and a wooden cross test (garlic smells horrible and crosses were fine...), magic with the help of [Divine Librarian] and how the female reproductive organ works.

Well it was inevitable right!
I mean it is my body too!
Adding to that there's practically a brothel down stairs and I was a virgin prior...
Look I made sure that I didn't made it a habit after the experiments.
And no intercourse, none, nada, I like my virginity as is!

[Divine Librarian] or which I now call Sensei, is my mentor since I asked magical training and education. He quite the helpful fellow and turns out to help out in mental memory. I remember easily this way. Other benefits behind this skill was the fact that the skill is a personal library. Books are to slowly catered in by memory to ensure not burn my head...

Advances is other skills are also done. [Prestigious Genius] was tried once but is rather difficult you see. It turns out that after 30 mins upon using, will slowly start to cause headaches and mild migraine.

And for [Wisdom Elder], well it didn't activate... And even after 17 tries...
Alongside that I haven't had dreams about a certain dragon much, I had my peaceful and much need sleep.

Checking my status, it looks like this...

<
Race : Ancient Pure-blood Vampire
Sex : Female
Age : Uncertain/ Uncleared (Immortal)
Name : Niizuma Shiori
Title : {Other Worlder} {Vampire Princess}{Gaius's Bastard Daughter}
Level :
Attribute : All?
MP : 980.000.000/980.000.000 (S+)
HP : 40/40 (G)
STA : 30/50 (G)
AGI : 723.000.000/723.000.000 (S)
Stealth : 210.000.000/210.000.000 (A+)

Capabilities :
Active
[Dimensional Storage lv.1] [Divine Librarian lv.1]
[Healing lv. 2] [Elemental lv. 3] [Blood Fallen lv. 1] [Teleportation lv. 1]
Passive
[Prestigious Genius : Inactive] [Wisedom Elder : Inactive]
[Grim Dragon : SEALED] [Magical Essence Perception]
>

Learned a few from Sensei hehe...

As I get dressed lightly and ready some money change, I took off downstairs to meet Me.Gaius.
As I opened the door...

"Good morning grandpa!"

"Good morning Shiori my child, have you gotten ready to the market?"

*As I proceed to sit at his lap naturally

"Yuyup~ do you I'm going for the usual, do want to anything while I'm there?"

"Hmmm maybe for now could you take care yourself and don't be late ok..."
"And do buy something for your self?"
"Get a dress or something of you age, you'll make this old man happy won't you?"

"Sure, I'll be quick~"
"I guess I'll buy a dress after all"

"And don't stay at the library too long, my back aching and needs a massage there too"

"Oh geez~ I'll be back soon..."
"Bye gramps~"

Sela~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By
Joshua J. Susanto
17/6/2019
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------