Chapter 5

"I can't find my phone, Kathy. It isn't here." I say, already worried.

I and Kathy had been searching for the phone for the past half hour, I didn't even see Cole anywhere.

"I can't find it as well. I don't know where else to look." Kathy says.

"What if the interviewers call? I can't even go there and suddenly tell them my phone suddenly went missing, that's carelessness."

"Umm, are you looking for this?" someone asks.

Cole is actually standing behind me... with my phone. I want to hug him, but I restrain myself from doing so.

"Yes, I am. I found out I didn't have it at home. Thanks a lot." I say to him and collect my phone.

"It's no problem. I'm the one at fault, I bumped into you. By the time I realized you left your phone, you were already gone. I was thinking of calling a number on your phone before I saw you here." Cole says. Once again, he's looking sorry.

I notice that Kathy has just been silently watching us. When she notices me looking at her, she just gives a small smile. To others, the smile may look forced, but I know Kathy, she's cooking up something in her mind. My guess would be her wanting to put her matchmaking services to use.

"Anyway, Cole, this is Kathy. Kathy, this is Cole." I say, introducing the two.

"Okay, Kathy, nice to meet you. Well, I have to get to work. I hope to see you both sometime soon." Cole says.

"Okay, bye. See you soon." Kathy says, as Cole starts to go.

"Thank God Cole saw the phone, I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't seen it." I say.

"You and Cole looking good together, I just wish I could have taken a photo. The guy is cute though, but Nate is cuter."

"Of course you would say that, Nathy." That's what I call her whenever she starts dreaming about Nate, it's a merging of her name and Nate's. It even sounds like her normal name.

"Aww, you know I love that name Nathy." She says dreamily. "Anyway let's go, I'm starving."

"When aren't you starving?" I ask her.

Rolling her eyes, she replies, "Like you aren't. We're the same, Kathy. "

"I know, that's why we're BFFs." I reply as we walk back to the Dunlops'.

Cole's POV

I seem to be happier today, maybe it's because I met Amelia twice in one day. I should probably have thanked her phone.

Those bright, brown orbs of hers is already imprinted in my head. She already has me with her long black-brown hair, oval face and pink cheeks.

"Hey Cole. Two orders, for a cappuccino and an expresso." Tyler, my co-worker and friend says.

"Coming right up." I say, as I prepare the coffees. "Go give the orders, bro." I say as I hand Tyler the coffees.

I work in a cafe. Working is nice really, makes me feel responsible for something. I don't really need the money, my parents are really rich. All my life, I have been provided for and now at 19, I feel the need to be able to work and provide for myself. So, I left my parents' house and... here I am.

"Cole, you seem happy today. What's up?" Tyler asks.

"It's nothing." I say.

"I might not know you well, but I talk to you frequently and you seem happier today. Spill, is it a girl?" Tyler says.

Tyler's been my only friend since I moved here a month ago, I don't usually go out much or socialize.

"Yes, it is. When I was coming to work, I bumped into a girl, a beautiful one. I said sorry and left, she didn't look very comfortable although she was staring at me." I smile at the thought of that. "Later, I found out she didn't pick her phone. I didn't know where she disappeared to, so I hung around the area until she showed up with her friend."

"Oh, so that's why you were late and called me to cover up for you."

"Yea, thanks. Mr. Chandlers would have fired me or something if he found out."

"You owe me a meal for that. So how does..." Tyler said, cut off by Mr. Chandlers.

"I don't pay the two of you to talk during working hours, get back to work before I fire you." He said and left as quietly as he had come. We hadn't even seen him approaching.

"That man, interrupting my speech. Anyway, let's get back to work, we will discuss this on the way home."

"So what's the girl's name?" Tyler asked on our way home. He was really interested in this topic.

"Amelia, her friend's name is Kathy. I know that's why you asked."

"You already know me, bro."

Tyler is a flirt, a very good one. I knew he just wanted to know her friend. He likes girls, but knows when one is off limits. Amelia is off limits for him.

"Of course I do, you love girls." I say, laughing.

"Oh, I do. Just hope I don't influence you since we're next-door neighbors."

"Oh, trust me, you won't."

Tyler and I are next-door neighbors, I started talking to him the day after I moved in and he told me about the job-opening where he worked and I got the job.

"You said, the girl was coming from the cafe direction, right?" Tyler asks.

"Yes, how else would I have bumped into her?"

"Ignoring my sarcasm, he replies, "You also said it seemed she was coming out of that place, Fashionista."

"What's your point, Tyler?" I say, beginning to get confused.

"Fashionista is one block away from the cafe, she could be working there."

"Oh", I say realization dawning on me. I could see her again.

"You get it, right? You could see her and I can see her friend."

"Yea, you're right. I will find out if she works there, I have to see her again." I say, determined to see her.

What do you think of Cole?

Don't forget to vote ❤❤