Issue 39

"I should warn you, I'm very good at chess."

I'd never played it before. I sat on the bed, staring at the little pieces, trying to remember what I could from movies and remarks. I knew most of the piece names- but I'd never played it, "I uh... is there a rulebook?"

He gave me a sudden predatory flash of a smile. "Why, first time playing?"

"Mhm."

"Don't worry. I'll coach you."

"I'm thinking you might have ulterior motives in that coaching offer."

"Dion, Dion- I'm even going to give you an advantage. White moves first."

I picked up one of the white pawns and saw that the hologram displayed the options I could move in.

I moved it forward three squares.

Two moves later he took my first pawn. His eyes darkened as we locked gazes, then his attention slid to the silk robe I was wearing still.

Oh man, this had been such a bad idea.

I swallowed, seeing that I had his full attention. I could read his emotions openly, see the curiosity, the darkening strands of lust, the calmness that he seemed to radiate with.

If I said no right now, he would pack up, smile politely and leave. No harm no foul. If I got angry and told him to climb a tree, he would walk out the door

No guesses, no wondering what he wanted or how he was manipulating the situation. He was safe, he knew a girl's limits.

I rose up to a kneeling position and slowly drew the knot out, sliding the hoop of belt from the side, I could feel his attention on me, intensity ramping up as I shifted ever so slightly, sliding my hands over the cloth, flattening it against my stomach, then higher. I wriggled my hips, bit my lip, met his eyes as I slid the side of the robe down and spread my legs.

I was wearing a pair of see-through black lace underwear, no bra. He swallowed, gaze fighting not to roam lower; slowly he dragged it back up to my face and saw the delight at my control over his primal nature there.

"Let me help you with that-"

"Uh-uh, I got it," I shrugged, rolling the soft fabric down my elbows his gaze glued to my chest.

Finally, shaking my head so my hair fell over my shoulders, I let the robe fall.

He licked his lips, eyes falling to my body, unable to meet my gaze. I rolled my shoulders back, aware that I was perked from the heat of his attention and the cool air at the same time.

I pushed one of my other pawns forward, slowly letting my arm brush against my breast, rolling my nipple across the paleness of my inner arm.

He watched the motion with rapt attention.

I sat back and coughed lightly. "It's your turn."

"So it is," He dragged his gaze off me, although I was flattered at the effort it seemed to take, and turned his attention back to the game. His rook swept across the tiles and knocked my horse-head out. He paused a moment before he looked back up at me and his gaze took in my only remaining piece of clothing, "I suppose I win."

"Mhm." I shimmied off the bed and dropped my hands to my panties.

He stood and walked around to me, catching my fingers before I could pull them off. Before I could ask what he was doing, he was behind me, trapping my arms between his stomach and my back like a prisoner. He hugged me to his chest then, large hands moving ever so lightly over my flesh. Tilting my head with one hand, the other moving to cup my breast.