THE BEGINNING OF A FRIENDSHIP

Friendship
(noun) a state of mutual trust and support
-

"Kathryn, I thought you were smarter than this," Mark chuckled, taking three steps closer to me, "don't you know better then to go outside alone after dark?"

I rolled my eyes, I definitely did know better but I can't help it if I got kicked out. "I thought you knew better than to mess with me," I said, a smirk playing on my lips. I reached for Mark's hand. It was wrapped in a million bandages as if I tried to amputate his hand. I rolled my eyes once again, "how's your hand doing?"

Mark slapped my hand out of his grasp, "I know you don't have your blade little girl. Richard took it away and gave it to your mom. That's probably why you're out here currently. She finally had the sense to take the trash out. Why do you even like Grease anyways? You could be so much better if you hung out with some... classier... people. All Greasers are assholes, Katy," Mark came closer to me, trailing his fingers up my arm.

I slapped his disgusting fingers away from me, "I'm sorry Mark, I really do apologize. I'm trying to see things from your perspective but I just can't get my head that far up my ass," I crossed my arms over my chest and narrowed my eyes at Mark, "you know, I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one, and the only asses I know are my siblings and all their friends. So just leave me and my friends alone." I spat on Mark while stomping on his foot and walked past him. I made sure to hit my shoulder into his, pushing him over, "oh and it's Kathryn to you."

"You don't know who you're messing with Kathryn

"You don't know who you're messing with Kathryn. One of these days I'm going to kill you," Mark yelled after me. I just kept walking, making sure to flip him off. I heard clapping from the end of my driveway and ran to see Dal'.

"Dally! What are you still doing here?" I asked, running into his arms.

Dally took a step back, breaking our hug. I frowned. "Don't take it personally, I don't do hugs Katy," Dally said patting my head.

I rolled my eyes, "well now you do hugs." I embraced him in another hug and he groaned. I began to giggle until I realized how messed up my life was, "Dal'?"

"Katy, what's wrong?"

"I have no where to go, my mom kicked me out for having a blade. And now she took my blade. How am I supposed to defend myself from Richard and his gang of baboons?" I asked, tears threatening to spill.

Dally took my chin in his hands and lifted my head up, "don't worry kid, I'm sure Darry would be ok with you staying with them and we can get you a new blade."