SANDY

Sandy
(noun) a two-timing hoe who can't get out of the picture.
-

I woke up on Adam's couch in an uncomfortable position. I groaned while trying to crack my neck. I looked up and saw Adam's head hovering above mine, he was chuckling. "So you think my pain is funny now?" I said bitterly. This just caused Adam and me to burst out in laugher. "Screw you," I mumbled. I finally stood up and felt disgusting. I groaned once again.

"What's wrong?" Adam said with a confused look on his face.

"I don't have any clothes and I need a shower," I complained.

"Well, go take a shower and then we can figure out the clothing situation," Adam suggested. I nodded my head and went into the bathroom. I, as always, looked terrible. The bags under my eyes were still existent and my hair was very greasy. This shower is long over due. I thought to myself, hopping into the shower.
***
I got out of the shower and dried my hair. I didn't have any of my own clothes to change into so I snagged a pair of Adam's sweats and an over sized hoodie. I threw my hair into a messy bun and walked out of the bathroom. Adam was at the table, drinking some coffee. "Adam, what am I going to do about clothes? I need to get some of my clothes back, I can't keep living in boys clothing," I said giggling.

"Well I was thinking, maybe, I'm not sure if you'll like this but, we break into your old house and clean out your closet," Adam said, a mischievous smile appeared on his lips.

My eyes widened, "Adam are you nuts? I can't break into my old house! I got kicked out, remember?"

"Aren't your parents gone this weekend? At the most you'll have to deal with your siblings who are dumber than monkeys," Adam reasoned with me.

"I don't know Adam, my parents might be gone but Richard is pretty smart," I said. I needed clothes and I sure as heck didn't have the money to buy a whole new wardrobe. Suddenly I remembered the stack of money I kept under my mattress, that could be good for me in the long run. "Never mind, we have to go back," as I said this my face became full of determination. I was ready to do this.
***
Adam and I silently crept up my driveway to the front door. Only one car was in the driveway, and it was Richard's. "Ok. My parents keep an alarm on this door and the main back door, but if we go through the porch door, there isn't an alarm. In fact, they always keep a spare key under the welcome mat," I explained to Adam and he nodded his head.

We walked over to the side of the house where the porch was, I lifted up the mat and found they key. I unlocked the door and replaced the key. We crept into the house. "You stay here as lookout while I go into my room and get the clothes," I said to Adam and continued into the kitchen.

I walked into the hallway where Richard and I had our rooms. I came to a stop when I heard music blasting out of Richard's room, the door wide open. I cringed. There was no way I was getting past him. I tiptoed closer to his room and peered in. He was lying on his bed watching tv. With a burst of adrenaline I stealthily rushed past his door, barely making it to the other side without making a sound. I silently walked over to my room, praying that the door wouldn't creak. To my luck it didn't creak and I was in my room. I quickly took all my clothes in my closet and shoved them into my bag. I then lifted up my mattress and grabbed the money I had been saving. I looked around my old room and decided that nothing else was important to take. Now I just had to sneak past Richard again and get out of the house.

Richard was in the same spot as before so getting past him was easy. As I was walking out something shinny on top of the fridge caught my attention, my switch blade! There was one slight issue, I was too short to reach it. I looked around the kitchen. If I pulled a chair over it would make a lot of noise one way or another. I decided to swing up on the countertop.