FIXER UPER

I rolled off of Sodapop and he groaned. We sat next to each other, our arms brushing occasionally. "Sodapop, I'm serious. Go in there and just talk to him. Y'all are best friends and you can't let silly girlfriends break that bond! What happened to bros before hoes?" I sighed punching his shoulder once again.

He rubbed the spot where my fist made contact with his shoulder as of my light tap hurt him terribly. "I know Katycakes but you ain't no hoe and not a silly girlfriend, you're my girlfriend and Steve needs to respect that," he grumpily stated.

I heaved another sigh, "Sodapop you have to remember that Steve is my friend too and I'm hurting just as much as you. But you and Steve had such a special bond that it can't be broken over something so little."

The front door creaked open before Sodapop had a chance to respond. I turned my attention to who stood in the door way, Steve. He awkwardly scratched the back of his neck and stood there in silence. "Erm, Katy is it ok if I talked to Soda real quick?"

"Most definitely," I grinned nudging Sodapop's shoulder, "I'll be inside." I winked at Sodapop and made my way inside quickly rushing to the window to... oversee... the boys. I definitely wasn't spying or anything like that. Steve took my place and Sodapop icily stared at the grass in front of him. No one talked for a long second until Steve appeared to break the silence. It was impossible to make out what he was saying but after he was done Sodapop didn't move an inch. They stayed that way for what seemed like an eternity. Eventually Steve got up and began to walk away but Sodapop jumped up and grabbed his arms. He said something and they embraced in the longest hug ever known to man. I grinned, things were officially back to normal. The boys began to walk towards the house and I rushed into the kitchen, pretending to get a drunk of water.

"Katycakes give up the act, we saw you in the window," Sodapop laughed.

I merely glared at him and stood awkwardly.

"Katy, can we talk too?" Steve hesitantly stated.

I looked towards Sodapop and he nodded his head, "sure Steve," I said offering a smile.

We walked outside and sat on the porch steps. I sighed to blow the hair out of my face and twisted my fingers together.

"Listen, I'm real sorry for not believing you. I broke things of with Evie," he said.

"It's ok," I reassured . I tapped my foot on the concrete desperately trying to ease the awkwardness.

"Can things ever go back to normal?" He whispered.

"Sure they can Randall. The past is in the past," i said patting his back.

"Thanks little Soc," he said standing up. I stood up with him and we walked back inside. Sodapop, Steve, and I stood in a little triangle.

"Wanna hunt some action at the nightly double?" I said offering an eye brow raise, something I learned for Two-Bit.

"Yea," they both agreed.

"Race ya there!" I joked dashing out of the house and heading to the Double.

"Oh you're on little Soc!" Steve yelled.

"Be prepared to loose," Sodapop determinedly stated. Things were looking good.
***
I sat in between Sodapop and Steve at the movies. Some boring old film was playing so we took the opportunity to catch up with each other's lives. Steve was kind of lonely ever since he broke up with Evie, who he broke up with the day after Sodapop and Steve had their big fight, but he was glad he ended things when he did. He admitted that Evie was controlling and money hungry. It hurt to see Steve hurting so much but I too am glad he broke things off with her, she was practically Linda and Lisa's puppet. I decided to go get some popcorn and cokes for everyone and was standing in line getting ready to pay. As I eventually reached the area that we were sitting with an arm full of popcorn and coke bottles I overheard the tail end of Steve and Sodapop's conversation.

"Man, do I ever. I think she's the one, Steve, I think I'm gonna marry her. She's so much better than any girl out in the world. I love her so so so much," Sodapop gushed while I blushed.

"She's definitely a keeper bud. You're lucky, don't you ever loose her," Steve replied.

"Trust me, I won't," Sodapop laughed. I waited a while before I sat back down, Sodapop wanted to marry me but it all seemed too soon. We'd only been dating for a short while, yet our feelings for each other were already so advanced. It doesn't matter if it takes you 5 years or 2 weeks, when you know someone is the right one you know, that's how I felt with Sodapop.

I sat back down and handed out the assorted foods and drinks and just enjoyed the movie, Steve sitting beside me and Sodapop's arm wrapped around me. Life was good.

Sorry for the filler chapter again! Two more chapters till shit goes down! Thank god Steve and Sodapop are friends again. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading! Have a muy bién día vosotros!