nine

Diego

"What do you mean?"

"Can I come in?"

"I really don't want you too."

"Kardi Please. I got candy, and you left your backpack. I really wanna talk."

She was quiet before opening the door more letting me in.

"You have a nice place."

"Thanks." She says.

I set the bag down and the candy on the table.

"Do you want something to drink?" She asks.

"I'm fine."

She was acting weird.

"How...do you know that you met him? How do you even know that he's a boy?"

"You got a call from the foster people or whatever when you left your bag at my place. He was in the hospital yesterday with the flu. I know you named him after me."

"Diego I really don't wanna talk about this."

"I do Kardi. I know you are mad at me. But this is just childish. There is a kid involved now. You need to get over this."

"Diego...ever since you left yesterday I've been thinking alot about it."

"What do you mean?"

"When you left in ninth grade -- I did miss you. I didn't want to admit it."

"Kardi you are the only reason I stayed in school as long as I did."

"I didn't think about it as rape until my mother found out I was pregnant. She wouldn't believe that I would sleep with a guy unless it was forced, sense I was supposed to be saving myself for marriage." She says balling her sleeve in her hand. "I didn't want to think of you like that."

She started crying and I couldn't think of what to do.

"I loved you too Diego."

All of ninth grade that is all I wanted to hear for her.

"Kardi. I still love you. Those days I sat in the hospital all I wanted was for you to just wake up and say you didn't mean it. That night was one of the best nights of my life. Then when you said that...it hurt."

"I didn't mean it Diego. I've spent six years of my life being told that it was rape...and I started to believe it."

She was crying harder.

I wrapped my arms around her.

"I'm sorry." She says.

"It's fine Kardi. I swear. It's fine."

She wrapped her arms around my neck crying.

I closed my eyes shushing her.

"It's okay. It's okay." I say.

"I'm so so sorry." She says.

"It wasn't your fault. It was your parents. It's fine. It's okay. I forgive you." I say cooing her petting her hair.

I held her for I'm not even sure how long just comforting her.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about Diego. My mum told me I had to give him up and I just didn't want you to know. He reminds me so much of you."

"He looks so much like you...if it was him that I seen. If not...you have an evil twin that's sleeping around."

She chuckles taking her phone out.

"The foster parent sends me pictures all the time." She says smiling, sniffling slightly.

She showed me some of the photos and I didn't know how to feel.

I felt so many different emotions.

"He looks so much like you." I say smiling.

"He has your smile." She says.

"Definitely."

"I'm so sorry Diego."

"Kardi, it's fine. You don't have to keep apologizing."

"I feel like I should. I accused you of rape because that's what my family kept telling me happened. I hid our son from you."

"I disapper out of no where. Who's saying you could've told me anyways."

"I feel like I should've tried."

"Kardi, stop blaming yourself. Seriously. I'm here now."

-

Debating if I should update regularly again....

Drop your Snapchat if you wanna be friends.

Add me @skiesbeyond

Will NOT add you back if you don't like DM me or comment your snap.

Follow my backup!

icednarcotics

-skiesbeyond