Part 1

(Y/N): *yawns* Back for another year huh...

Ranger: Why don't you just take a nap?

You looked around the airship that the two of you were currently riding.

(Y/N): Think I'd rather wait...

You were incredibly exhausted from a lack of sleep since the airship departed early in the morning. You felt yourself drifting to sleep until your friend tapped your shoulder.

Ranger: Hey, isn't that the girl from the cereal box?

You turned your attention to find a certain red haired girl looking out the window.

(Y/N): Oh yeah, she's known for winning a bunch of tournaments.

Ranger: Hell yeah! She dominated the last one too! I'm going to ask her for an autograph!

You then see the man pull out a box of Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes from his backpack and watch as he bolts to the girl.

(Y/N): How the hell does he even eat that stuff in the first place?

Timeskip

Both you and Ranger finally returned to Beacon. Once the airship landed, the two of you exited to look at the sight of the school.

(Y/N): Place never changes.

You were about to continue walking forward until you felt something slap your rear. Of course, this surprised you since there was only one person that has done the same to you.

Coco: Hey handsome~

You quickly turned your head to fins none other than Coco standing beside you.

(Y/N): The hell was that?

Coco: Just a friendly hello to you. Hey Ranger!

The two share a quick fist bump before Coco gave him a wink, which he returned with a knowing nod.

Ranger: Yo.

Coco: *ahem* Anyways,I was wondering if I can borrow (Y/N) since our classes don't begin until the newbies are done with initiation.

Ranger: Eh, why not.

Coco quickly locks her arm with yours before she quickly leads you away.

Coco: Great! I'll be sure to bring him back before dark!

You simply looked to find your friend waving at you.

Small Timeskip

(Y/N): You two planned it out, didn't you?

Coco: What gave you that idea?

(Y/N): Cause both of your acting was awful.

She giggled while giving you playful shove as the two of you walked across the streets of Vale.

Coco: Alright, guilty as charged. I just wanted you all to myself before we started the new year. Besides, what's wrong with getting to know someone that I barely spoke to?

You chuckled in reply when she nudged your shoulder as the both of you entered a café. The smell of coffee filled the air as you two walked inside, but you weren't interested in coffee. You are currently more excited about the fact that the café still kept its amazing selection of pastries.

The both of you took your seats and gave your orders to the waiter.

Coco: You know, you've been pretty comfortable this whole time.

(Y/N): Can't complain, me and my team are regulars here. Besides, you pretty much had the same idea as me, been wanting to hang with you more.

Coco smirked as she decided to lean forward a little once she heard that you wanted to spend more time the brown haired teen.

(Y/N): Even to this day, I still question as to why we weren't placed on the same time.

Coco: You too, huh?

The two of you laughed since you remembered defeating dozens of grimm during initiation. Even Ozpin knew of the havoc that the two of you have brought fourth since you practically destroyed a ruined temple.

Just as your orders have arrived, Coco decided to continue the conversation while you were taking a bite of your favorite pastry.

Coco: So how about we finally get to know other?

(Y/N): Sure, what do you want to know?

Coco: Where did you live before going to Beacon?

You stopped mid bite to only look at her in surprise. Perhaps it was only your team that knew about your past.

Coco: What?

Meanwhile

???: Arise, my fallen brethren. Soon, all of Remnant shall hold true to its name!

In an unknown land of grassy plains,a lone figure with ruined black feathered wings. The cloaked woman released tainted black energy into the ground.

A bone like hand shot out of the ground and a skeleton began to slowly rise. Soon, more began to rise along with the skeletons of certain grimm.

The humanoid skeletons began to grow wings made of bones as they began to hover above the ground. Eventually, they were coveted in a dark aura that turned them into black hooded figures with the bone wings behind them. The skeletal grimm simply remained on the ground as they awaited orders from their new master.

???: The spell is currently weakened under the sun. Once night approaches, we will make our first strike towards the nearest kingdom.

The summoner suddenly created wings of gentle fire behind her as she slowly revealed her bright orange eyes from under the hood. The staff she held had an engraving a sun with feathered wings on the side.

The group then made their way to hide themselves from any possible threat, so they will reveal themselves in the dark.

To be continued...

A/N: Alright so I have NO idea what happened earlier, I guess Wattpad was a little slow today and things suddenly messed up so I had to publish this chapter for the third time! It all seems fine now so I can finally continue the other stories... As for the new story I'm going to be working on (When the sky opens), expect for the first part to drop sometime soon.

UndesiredLeftover's fact: (Y/N)'s default abilities were pretty much inspired by the bosses of Dark Souls 3. The fire usually occurs when they're near death and most of the inspiration was from Slave Knight Gael... Although, there is much more to (Y/N) than wielding an ancient flame...