Part 3

(Y/N): What the hell are these things?

Coco: Doesn't matter what they are, let's just beat them!

One of the robed winged figures immediately launched forward to attack you but it was quickly torn to shreds by Coco's weapon.

(Y/N): Thanks!

You then suddenly disappeared and reappeared behind a group of the enemy. Using your fire infused gun, you began to defeat some of them by quickly moving around them and firing at them in different directions.

After a few minutes, the army was easily defeated as bones were scattered across the ground.

Coco: Heh, that was easy!

(Y/N): I wouldn't be so sure...

The bones slowly rose from the ground and they were quickly put back together by an unknown force. They were quickly covered in some form of dark energy that quickly turned them into robed figures.

Coco: ... What?

You sighed as your flames began to roar from the sheer intensity until your body was covered in embers.

(Y/N): Guess we gotta completely burn them down.

Coco: You sure about using this much power?

You nodded as the army of winged figures began to circle the two of you. You noticed that there weren't as many of them since quite a few of them has been burned away from before.

(Y/N): Let's go!

You then lunged forward to attack but you were quickly intercepted by one of the figures. Weapons clashed as you were in a struggle against a winged figure wielding a darkness infused spear.

You smirked as you used your free hand to create a small ball of fire when you backed away. The small flame quickly detonated and create a large explosion of fire that engulfed a few of them.

Meanwhile, Coco used fire dust to infuse her bullets to defeat the unknown enemies. Many of them were unable to close the distance since they end up as ash.

Although, a few them attempted to sneak behind the fashionista, only for them to receive a sudden slash of lighting and fire. You suddenly appeared behind the woman as the both of you stood back to back.

Coco: Good to know I'll always have the greatest backup by my side.

(Y/N): Wanna continue our little game with these guys?

Coco: Nah, I think I prefer a draw. Besides, we both get what we want~

You chuckled as you deflected a strike from another enemy and quickly burned it away.

???: *small growl* Eliminate them!

The both of you were confused by the sudden, echoed voice as another army of winged figures suddenly appeared.

(Y/N): There's no end to them...

The skeletal figures then grouped with each other and they were suddenly covered in a black orb. Even the skeletons of grimm suddenly appeared but moved inside of the orb.

ROOAAAARRR!!!

(Y/N): That's not good.

Coco: You think?

The orb vanished and a much larger version of the winged figure emerged. It was certainly more terrifying as it resembled the grimm reaper as it wielded a scythe and a more powerful aura.

Coco: You can feel its power...

(Y/N): Yeah...

The both of you suddenly took action as it decided to swing its massive weapon. Even though it missed, the robed skeleton raised a hand to summon massive dark bolts that began to seek out the both of you.

The both of you took cover behind a large rock that took most of the damage but the last one shattered the shield and send the both of you rolling across the ground.

Coco barely struggled to stand as the reaper reached an arm and grabbed a hold of her feet. She was about to make her escape but her aura quickly faded and began to feel exhausted.

Coco: What the...

You couldn't believe what you were witnessing as you saw an image of Coco being ripped from her body.

(Y/N): LET HER GO!!

Your fire returned as you quickly appeared and sliced through its wrist, cutting of the hand. The giant reaper slowly retreated but you were already firing rounds of flame from your handgun.

It tried to back away from your assault until you decided to rush towards its exposed feet. The being saw your movements and quickly began to hover in the air.

Using its vile aura, the giant reaper began to generate more power. You noticed the area began to suddenly darken even more than the night.

(Y/N): Oh no...

Next thing you knew, the grimm reaper was suddenly taking a storm of bullets. You turned your head to find Coco back on her feet and already into battle.

The sheer power of the bullets quickly staggered the monster out of it's meditation and fell to the ground.

Coco: Now!

You were already on the move as you suddenly appeared above the head of the reaper. The dagger that you held became a completely different weapon as you landed on top of its head while impaling the skull. The entire body quickly caught flame as you released more of your power.

A loud roar was heard as it struggled to stand but the flames have quickly burned away most of its body.

You had already leapt off of its body and landed next to Coco. Your aura faded and you sat on the floor as you felt the side effects to your power.

(Y/N): N-Not sure how much more I can take...

Coco decided to take a seat as well as she watched you wince in pain from your own fire.

Coco: Least its over.

???: Don't be so sure!

The both of you looked up to find one last winged figure. Although, this one looked completely human along with the fact that her wings were made of orange and black fire.

???: You managed to defeat my fallen ancestors...

(Y/N): They weren't exactly easy...

The person landed and lowered her hood to reveal that it was a female teen that was the same age as you. She had yellow and orange hair with black streaks. Her eyes were black and orange as she gave you two a cold glare.

Black Sun, Corona

Corona: Fine... I'll just destroy everything myself...

Coco: A little too cliché, don't you think?

The ground began to shake as your next opponent began to hover from the ground.

(Y/N): What the hell is she?!

Corona: .. An angel.

Both you and Coco quickly returned to a combat stance for one final battle.

To be continued...