Part 2

Coco: You can't be serious.

(Y/N): Dead serious.

You had finished eating your favorite pastry and began to drink the rest of your tea. The teen removed her sunglasses as she looked at you.

Coco: So then were did you go during vacation?

(Y/N): Ranger offered me to stay with him.... Now I see where he gets that military attitude he likes to torture us with in the morning...

Coco: That answers one question... How about before Beacon?

(Y/N): Hmm... At one point I stayed in a monastery until I decided to travel just to see the world. It was actually quite peaceful.

Coco only remained in silence as she held the mug of coffee in her hands.

(Y/N): It isn't much to worry about, kinda pisses me off when someone calls me a bum.

Coco: I mean you sure do dress like it sometimes.

(Y/N): Hey!

Of course, the both of you laughed as the day went on until you two decided to pay for the meals and leave the café. Even as you were walking out, Coco continued to latch onto your arm just as she did before you entered.

Coco: That was quite enjoyable if do say so myself.

(Y/N): Yeah, it sure was. Now, mind telling as to why you're still clinging onto me like that?

Coco: Oh, don't be like that~ Besides, been a while since the two of us has seen some action.

Your face reddened at her words as she drew a litte more closer to you.

(Y/N): ... What?

Coco: *giggle* I'm talking about the two of us fighting grimm together. Don't you remember our little game when we fought off an entire army?

(Y/N): Oh yeah, we were competing for the most kills.

Coco: Well? How about it? Just like old times?

You gave a wide grin as you nodded and the two of you returned to an airship that will take you to the Emerald Forest. Although, the two of you decided to continue roaming Vale until sunset.

Timeskip Emerald Forest, Evening

(Y/N): I didn't think we were ever getting out of that grocery story.

Coco: Tell me about it... I guess grabbing a few things for this trip was a little too much to ask... Damn lines...

You set down the bag of items against a nearby tree and stretched before bringing out your weapons. The same dagger and pistol that you used throughout most of your life.

Coco: Really? Nothing different?

You just shrugged as she continued to hold onto her briefcase.

(Y/N); I don't really think I need any new weapons after a small personal upgrade.

Coco: Riiiight.

A loud roar was heard before Coco turned her case into a machine gun that was much more different.

(Y/N): Oooh, sweet upgrades.

Coco: It can shred through any armor the grimm is packing.

You let out a small smirk of your own as a bolt of blue lighting suddenly struck your body. You began to radiate the same orange flame but there was also blue sparks flying from your gun.

(Y/N): How about a little bet?

Coco suddenly turned towards your direction with a grin.

Coco: I'm listening.

Meanwhile

???: Hm?

The sounds of gunfire can be heard in the distance as a robed woman simply sat on a rock. Her blazing eyes glared into the direction of the noise as her army slowly rose from the ground.

The black robed skeletal angels hovered from the ground and looked at the woman for orders.

???: Deal with them... There are only two...

Half of the army slowly made their way towards the sounds and quickly picked up speed. Even the skeletons of grimm followed behind to deal with the intruders.

Back With You

Coco: Heh, 21.

You were nowhere to be found until a lightning bolt struck the ground directly next to her and you suddenly appeared. You shook off the effects of electric shocks and slight burns before sighing.

(Y/N): ... 21.

Coco: What?! So another tie?!

(Y/N): Yup, 42 grimm in total.

Coco: *sigh* great...

Her weapon quickly changed into its case form as you deactivated your semblance.

(Y/N): Hmm... How about this? We just take each other's reward anyways.

Coco perked her head up and smiled at your suggestion.

Coco: I like the way you think~

She quickly drew closer to you since yours was a simple request. You brought your arm around her waist as slowly leaned in.

You had to admit, you were growing feelings for her as the both of you finally spent time with each other.

Coco: Well you certainly don't waste time.

You let out a soft chuckle until you felt a dark presence nearby. It was something much more different than the grimm.

(Y/N): Look out!

Keeping your hold on the fashionista, you jumped back in time for the both of you to avoid a dark orb of vile energy.

Coco: What the-

As soon as you two recovered, a large amount of unknown enemies suddenly appeared. They appeared to be robed figures with bones in the shape of wings. Each and every single one of them were wielding different forms of weapons.

Coco: Ummm, what?

(Y/N): Guess we'll have to wait until afterwards.

The both of you readied yourselves for another battle as the new enemies drew closer along with the skeletons of grimm.

To be continued...