one | reiji

rivalry

          Requested by the awesome -sueshi :') thank you so much for being the first request love! I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind but I hope you like this nonetheless.~

your p.o.v

          Walking down the countless hallways of the Sakamaki's mansion, I held tightly to my exam score with determination burning deep within my heart.

          Ever since I began living here with these vampires and started attending their night school, I've wanted nothing more than to prove myself to Reiji who seems to be convinced that I'm nothing more than some idiot living with him and his brothers. I assure you that I may not be a vampire like them, but I am anything but an idiot.

          These new exam scores that I hold in my hand show just that. I got full marks on our latest science exam- a perfect score. I didn't miss a single question! I studied so damn hard just to shove it in that know-it-all vampire's face that I am just as smart as he is. This'll teach him to finally stop looking down on my entire existence as if I'm nothing more than some blood bank for his family to feed off of.

          Then again, I already know that that's not how he views me- at least not anymore. Over the countless months of me living here and growing closer to the six Sakamaki brothers, I've developed a sort of connection with Reiji that I don't have with any of the others. He doesn't treat me just as horribly as he used to back when I first moved here. Recently, he's changed.

          Reiji's more, caring, I guess you could say. He takes more time to ask if I'm alright and if I need help with some of the more difficult things we learn in class. By far the most surprising thing that's changed is the way he drink's my blood. He no longer corners me in his room or attempts to drug me (which was not a rare occurrence a couple months ago) but rather has become more gentle in the way he handles me. It's sweet, creepy and most definitely not healthy, but sweet nonetheless. I used to despise waking up every night knowing I lived in a mansion full of blood hungry vampires, though, not anymore.

          Guess you could even go as far as saying I've taken a strange liking to that intelligent glasses wearing vampire with a positively dreadful personality.

          Bringing my hand up, I softly knocked on the door to Reiji's lab. "Hey Reiji, you in there?" I asked.

          "Come in." I vaguely heard from the other side of the door.

          With a soft click, I entered Reiji's lab and closed the door behind me. Reiji, unsurprisingly, was standing over one of his latest experiments that's splayed across his large desk, not sparing me even a glance as I walked over to him. "Busy?"

          Reiji nodded curtly. "A little, did you need something?"

          "What did you get on our last science exam?" I answered with a question of my own.

          This caught the glasses wearing vampires attention as he flicked those crimson eyes of his to me. "Do you think you've finally received a higher grade than myself?" He asked with a scoff. "I highly doubt that's possible for someone like you."

          I smiled at that. "Really? What was your grade then?"

          "A perfect score, what else would I have received?" Reiji asked, his attention back on his experiment.

          "Wha- no way!" I groaned, walking away from him and over to the large window a little ways away. "And here I thought I finally did it." I grumbled.

          Reiji chuckled some as he followed me over to the window. He didn't say a thing as he grabbed the paper from my hand and unfolded it. His eyes scanned over the perfect score I got as well.

          "Not bad." Reiji murmured, tossing the paper down onto the small shelf sitting just under the window. "I never would have thought you could perform decently on an exam."

          I sighed. "you have no faith in me whatsoever do you?"

          "None at all." Reiji said, grabbing my wrist and turning me around to face him.

          Staying silent, the crimson eyed vampire pulled me a little closer to his chest, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. I couldn't help but smile some myself as I wrapped my arms around his neck, the action coming to me almost as naturally as breathing at this point. "Can't you ever say something nice when I do something good?"

          Leaning down some, Reiji moved his lips closer to my own. "You wish to be praised for getting a grade that I get on every exam I take? Really?"

          "When you put it that way- yes." I said with a laugh.

          Closing the remaining distance between us, I wasn't even surprised when Reiji wrapped his free arm lowly around my back and pulled me against him fully as he deepened the kiss. He's such a pompous asshat of a vampire- but, he has his sweet moments.

          The kiss was short and rather chaste, very much unlike Reiji's usual kisses, but I'm not complaining. Getting a kiss for a perfect score on an exam is the equivalent to Reiji telling me "you did well" so I'll take what I can get.

          "You know ___," Reiji said, pulling away from me to head back to his experiment, "I might just consider missing a single question on our next exam to let you get a higher grade. Just this once I'll have mercy on your human intellect."

          "Really?" I asked in disbelief, taking a seat on one of the two chairs over by the large, fully stocked bookshelves.

          Reiji looked to me from over his shoulder, just a ghost of a smile dancing across his lips. "No."

          "You're evil!"

          "Calling your boyfriend evil isn't a nice thing to do ___." Reiji exclaimed as he turned his back to me once more.

          I scoffed at that. "Oh so now you're my boyfriend?"

          Reiji hummed. "Consider it your reward for getting a perfect score."

          "Now I want to know what I'll get when I beat you on our next exam."

          "Guess we'll never know."

          "You're a horrible rival to have, you know that?"

          "Of course I do. Now if you have nothing else of importance to talk to me about, you may leave."

          With a roll of my eyes, I stood up and grabbed one of the many books from the large bookshelf. "I'm stealing one of these."

          "What for?" Reiji asked without so much as turning towards me.

          I shrugged my shoulders as I made my way back towards the door to his room. "I'm curious what you spend your time reading and researching."

          "Is this your way of trying to show me that you are indeed intelligent?"

          "No... Maybe..."

          Reiji chuckled. "I look forward to your next move ___."

          "Bad rival..." I muttered under my breath, leaving his room and closing the door behind me just as softly as when I had originally entered.

——————————

Thanks for reading and if you want to request then go to the introduction chapter and request there :')