five | carla

my   prince

          Requested by BelleVang :') and here's your last request love~ ^^ gah my heart, this was too cute .°(дಗ。)°.

your p.o.v

          "Aren't you worried that one day you're going to get in trouble for always running off from the castle?" I asked, sitting down with my back against a large tree, a young man's head resting on my lap as he lies down, his pure white hair with red tips pooling around his head and onto my lap as well.

          Carla doesn't bother opening his eyes as I lazily run my fingers through his hair, being mindful to not catch on any knots that might have formed since he last brushed it. "I do not care what they think as long as I get my work done."

          I nodded my head. "Alright, well how's the Queen doing? Is she getting any better?"

          "I do not wish to talk about the Queen."

          "What about Shin then? How's his eye-"

          "Shut up." Carla very nearly growled, his golden eyes opening only to glare up at me. "You ask too many questions for a commoner."

          Not letting his cold words faze me, I continued carding my fingers through his hair. "Sorry sorry, you just want to relax right? I shouldn't keep asking taxing things when you just want to escape."

          With a scoff, Carla pushed to sit up, his hair cascading beautifully down his shoulders and back. He really does look good with such long hair. He must have inherited it from his mother, the Queen, who's just as beautiful if not more so.

          What luck.

          "You wouldn't know anything about what it's like to be royalty." Carla said lowly, now leaning his back against the tree, our shoulders brushing as we sit down deep in the forest just outside the First Blood's Castle.

          "You're right, I know nothing of what it's like to be a prince with a psychotic blood thirsty father, an ailing mother, and a brother who's eye you recently had to poke out with your very own sword to appease the Vibora King." I said, not daring to look at Carla who is most definitely on the verge of snapping with everything I've just said. "But I do know what it's like to feel as if the world is crushing down around you. You know Prince Carla, nothing right now will stay as it is. Time will pass and these events will wash away like footprints in the sand."

          Carla chuckled. "Will you disappear like footprints in the sand as well then?" He asked, now gently grabbing one of my hands and interlacing our fingers.

          I stared up into the underside of the tree for a few moments before looking to him only to find his golden eyes already looking at me. "If you wish for me to remain by your side, then I'll do just that. You are my prince."

          "And you can be my princess." Carla murmured.

          "That could never happen." I laughed dejectedly as I held up our hands. "You know what your father would do if he knew about this- about us. Your mother might approve, and I'm not sure what would be Shin's reaction."

          Carla shrugged, now tracing the back of my hand with his thumb as our hands drop onto his lap. "My father is in no state to continue ruling, my mother would approve as long as I'm happy, and Shin follows me because he looks up to me and what better example to show him than marrying the person you love regardless of their social status?"

          My heart stuttered in my chest at his words. "You'd marry a commoner?"

          "My people love me and favor me over our current king, there's very little I could do that would tarnish that reputation."

          "And marrying a commoner wouldn't do just that?"

          "If taking out one of Shin's eyes didn't sour my reputation," Carla said as he used his free hand to gently grab my chin and turn me to face him, "then I highly doubt marrying a commoner such as yourself would do just that."

          The kiss Carla and I shared under that large tree was just one of many. I've lost count over the amount of times we've come here now. Him sneaking away from his lessons within the high castle walls and me running from the outskirts of the city's slums where dangers lurk around every corner. This place, in the forest outside of his castle, is one of the few places we can truly be at peace; both with ourselves and each other. And, if my presence offers Carla if only a little solace in his hellish world of being royalty, then I'll gladly risk my life to be with him.

          I'm sure if his father ever caught wind of what Carla and I have been doing over the course of this last year, he'd have me killed in a heart beat. But, then again, the king has been on a war path and that's what led Shin to attack the Vibora people and there's also this virus rampaging through our land so maybe my death is already imminent. Either way, I'm determined to enjoy my time with Carla, no matter how fleeting and short it may be.

          "You're spacing out again." Carla said, once again lying down and using my lap as his pillow as he grabs one of my hands and plays with my fingers. This is his favorite position to be in.

          I glanced down to him with a soft smile. "I was just thinking that I really love you."

          "And I love you as well." He said, flicking his eyes to up to mine before refocusing them on my hand.

          At the end of the night, as long as I have my prince, I'm sure things will be fine.

——————————

Thanks for reading and if you want to request then go to the introduction chapter and request there :')