four | kino

lucky   to   have   you

Requested by BelleVang :') here's the second oneshot you requested~ (god I love Kino so much it hurts lolol)

your p.o.v

          Depression, eloquently summarized into just a single word, sucks.

          Lately I've been on a a good track. Nothing but good nights for the last week or so and I haven't had any real big depressive episodes hit me unlike now. All I want to do is curl up in bed and sleep the entire night away. Forget having to keep Kino entertained, tonight's just not a good night...

          "___, are you still in bed?"

          Speak of the devil.

          The door to my bedroom flung open and in walked my boyfriend. How he became my boyfriend is a long story, one that's far too long to even try and recount as of right now. Maybe another night I'll enjoy reminiscing how he nearly killed me, twice, but I'll just try to sleep for now.

          "Hey, what's wrong with you?" Kino asked, sitting down on the side of my bed and reaching over to card is fingers through my hair.

          I rolled over some to really look at him. "Not a good night Kino."

          His eyebrows knitted together before he seemed to understand what I was saying. "Ah, okay, just take the night to get your life together then babe. I'll be back in a bit." He said before leaning down, kissing my forehead real quick, and then promptly walking back out of my room without even bothering to shut the door behind him. Yuuri might close it later, who knows.

          I rolled my eyes as I turned back onto my side and hugged my pillow. Stupid depression ruining our plans for tonight.

          Kino said he wanted to take me out somewhere real nice and just enjoy the night together. We haven't spent a night together in weeks and of course it would be tonight of all nights that this would happen...

          "Your boyfriend has returned!" Kino suddenly exclaimed as he came sauntering back into my bedroom with two guava juices and his phone in hand.

          He didn't give me a moment to question what he was doing as he suddenly plopped himself down beside me on my bed, his upper body propped up against the headboard. Kino grabbed my lifeless body and pulled me to rest my head on his lap. "There you go. Nice and comfy with your boyfriend." He said with a laugh as he clicked a game on his phone.

          Not feeling up to question him, I shifted around a bit to find a comfortable position before lying back down with Kino's thighs as my pillow. He didn't seem to mind either as he used one hand to hold his phone while his free hand gently brushed through my hair. It didn't take long for the sound of him murmuring to himself about this and that to lull me back to sleep.

          By the time I woke up for the second time, the sun was high up in the sky once more and I cringed away from it as if I myself was a vampire. Kino, surprisingly, was still awake and still playing his game on his phone. The only real indicator that he's done anything other than play on his phone is that both of the guava juice bottles are empty... So much for saving one of those for myself.

          "Feeling any better?" Kino asked without so much as taking his eyes away from his phone.

          With a yawn, I pushed myself up off of him and glanced around tiredly. "A little. How long was I out for?"

          "You slept through the entire night plus some." Kino chuckled. "I didn't know a human could sleep for almost a full twenty-four hours."

          "We are very impressive creatures if I do say so myself."

          "I see that."

          Laughing, I moved to sit beside Kino and peered downwards to his phone. "What have you been playing all this time?"

          "Minecraft." He said lamely.

          "Are you that bored?"

          "Yes."

          I couldn't help but laugh as I kissed his cheek. "You're such a good boyfriend for taking care of your depressed lover."

          Kino rolled his eyes. "You're just lucky I love you or I would have killed you."

          "Such a romantic." I cooed.

          "Why am I dating you again?"

          I shrugged. "You like my blood?"

          Kino's eyes flashed suddenly. "That reminds me, I am quite hungry ___." He said, his phone turning off with a click before he tossed it onto the bedside table. "And I was so good not drinking from you while you slept- c'mon, give me a reward."

          Sighing, I reluctantly pulled on the collar of my shirt, revealing the side of my neck plus my shoulder. "Go ahead, I'm just going to go back to sleep when you're done anyways."

          "God I'm so lucky to have someone that get's me." He said, wrapping his arms tightly around my body before sinking his fangs into the sensitive skin of my neck.

          "And I'm lucky to have a boyfriend that can hold himself back long enough to take care of his lover." I said through gritted teeth, Kino's arms around me only tightening as his fangs sink deeper and deeper under my skin.

          Really, as possessive and sadistic as Kino is, I genuinely believe that we're lucky to have each other. He understands me even when I don't give him much to go off of and vice versa. At least he tries to be a good boyfriend even if he does drink my blood in compensation for me sometimes ignoring him for nights on end.

          I'll always believe that we're lucky to have each other...

——————————

Thanks for reading and if you want to request then go to the introduction chapter and request there :')