eight | kino

Requested by the lovely TrashFanatics ^^ Sorry for how long this took me to write but I hope you like it nonetheless~ <3

your p.o.v

There are many things I love about Kino, honest.

He can be so nice and considerate when he wants to be. He jokes around a lot and likes to always hold me close to him regardless of what's going on around us. He protects me from the Sakamaki's, Mukami's, and Tsukinami's whenever any of those three families get's just a little too close to me for comfort. Though there's also one thing I really don't like about Kino and that would be his phone.

Yes, his phone.

Sounds crazy right? Right? Absolutely insane for me, his partner, to be jealous of a phone and yet here I am currently death glaring that damned piece of technology as if it's some other person trying to steal my boyfriend. I'm not even blowing this out of proportion! Yuuri, Kino's childhood friend and now servant, has agreed with me when I say Kino loves his phone more than myself and that's saying something.

Sighing, I leaned my head down onto Kino's shoulder, the two of us currently sitting on a bench overlooking a lake. It's halfway through the night and we haven't done a single thing regardless of the fact we're technically meant to be out on a date. I'm sure if the moon up above could laugh at me and my failure of a relationship, it would. That brightly shining orb is probably thinking that I'm a sad excuse of a human for thinking I could successfully date a vampire, but, you know, the moon can laugh all it wants because there's no way I'm going to lose to a phone of all things.

"Kino." I murmured to my vampire boyfriend who's currently playing yet another game on his phone. He hummed in response, not sparing me even a small glance. "Can we do something?" I asked.

"Later." The greyish-black haired vampire responded under his breath as he killed an enemy, the blood splattering all across the screen. He smirked as one after another, the enemies fell and ceased to exist any longer. They were gone just like that. One slash of his blade and they were no more, nothing but the corpses that litter the ground left of them.

Another small sigh escaped my lips, my arm now moving to wrap around his that's closest to myself in a vain attempt to feel a little closer to him. Kino isn't exactly the best at handling being in a relationship from what I can tell. He doesn't really give me nearly as much attention as I'd like and I've told him this, and yet, he still ignores me in favor of his phone. It's sad isn't it? Now I'm sure the moon is laughing at me...

Poking his cheek with my other hand, I tried once more to grab my boyfriends attention. "Kino," I said as I soon got up off the bench to stand in front of him, "why don't we go for a walk? It's so lovely right now, c'mon."

That vampire didn't even bother glancing up at me, no signs that he heard a single word that I've said.

Deciding to take another approach to garnering his attention, I went ahead and walked closer to him to get a good look at his screen. Thinking I wanted to watch, Kino was considerate enough to hold the phone out and tilt it more leveled for me to get a better view at what he's doing. Though the second the round he's on came to an end and he was just getting ready to click to advance onto the next, I grabbed his phone right out of his hands and smiled innocently as his crimson red eyes slowly shifted upwards to meet my own. Hey, at least I was nice enough to let him finish the round.

"What do you think you're doing ___?" He asked and then promptly made a move to grab his phone out of my hands.

Quickly, I held the dumb little piece of technology just out of his reach. "Oh this?" I asked, still smiling as his eyes narrowed accusingly. "I wanted to play with it for a bit."

Kino flashed me a deadpanned expression. "Give it back." He said lamely.

"Hm," I hummed, "I don't think so."

"___." The greyish-black haired vampire said in a dangerously deep and cold voice. "Give me back my phone."

Instinctively, I took a step back. "Nah, I think I'll hang onto this for a little while."

Kino tried to grab his phone again, forcing me to take yet another step back. "___." He warned.

Seeing as this is seconds away from going downhill and fast, I took it upon myself to start running away, Kino yelling for me to come back before he murders me right here and now. Laughing, I only continued to run. He's threatened that so many times and has yet to follow through so really, I have nothing to fear.~

Just as I was beginning to doubt he'd come after his beloved phone, Kino suddenly teleported in front of me with this predatory smirk gracing his lips. See, instead of stopping like I bet he was guessing I'd do, I instead continue to full on run until I collided with his chest, the two of us tumbling down to the grassy ground from the impact.

Kino groaned, myself giggling from where I'm lying ontop of his chest, his phone now a good ten or so feet away from us since it slipped out of my hands the second I ran into him. "Why the hell didn't you stop?" My boyfriend asked, running a hand through his hair while his free arm came to rest over the dip of my spine.

I smiled sweetly back down at him. "You weren't paying any attention to me," I answered simply, "and I wanted you to notice me."

"I'm dating you, how could I not notice you?"

"Well, your phone seems awfully important when compared to me now doesn't it?"

With a roll of his eyes, Kino flicked my forehead. I yelped some in response. "I should have killed you the second you bumped into me on the streets."

I pouted at that. "Aw, you know you love me- even more than your phone!"

"I'm beginning to really doubt that..."

Playfully punching his chest, I continued to pout. "You're the worst," I muttered before placing a soft kiss to his lips, "but I love you anyways."

"Yeah yeah, I love you too..." He reluctantly responded, though I could see just a ghost of a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "Now can I please have my phone back?"

"No." I said as I placed my head down on his chest, happily snuggling into his embrace. "I think I'll keep you here all too myself for a little longer before giving you back your phone."

Tightening his arms around my smaller frame, Kino groaned. "Why are you so needy?"

I giggled. "Because I love you idiot."

          "God I hate you."

"Sure you do.~"

The two of us laid there on the grassy ground with nothing but the stars and moon watching over us from up above. See, now I'm sure the moon isn't laughing anymore because me, a mere mortal, has won the battle over my vampire boyfriend and the devil that is his phone. Though the next time he chooses his phone over myself, I'm just going to force the phone right out of Kino's hands and make him pay attention to me. As long as I love him and I know he loves me back, then I'll always come first rather than some lonely piece of technology that's , without a doubt, trying to steal my man.

Not even a phone can keep Kino and I apart!

——————————

Thanks for reading and if you want to request then go to the introduction chapter and request there :')

I also have a discord server open for everything anime and kpop so if you'd like to join, go to my profile and click the link in my bio!