december

i'd go back in time and change it but i can't. so if the chain is on your door, i'm sorry. 

bridget sat at the back of the coffee shop, staring down at a faded polaroid picture, the anxious feeling over coming her as she waited for him. the one that she had given up a long time ago and now he had wanted to see her again and she didn't have a clue what she was going to say when their eyes would meet again, would those feelings that she once in 2014? would she break her own heart once again with just looking at him. she always had admitted it to her best friends that she had still loved him no longer what had gone down between them. and she felt the tears threatening to spill and she had to blink them away as voice broke through the many that were in the coffee shop. "hi.. bridget." he says and she looked up to make eye contact with emilio once again after all that time. "h-hi." she stuttered out as she looked up at him and their eyes met and she felt her heart swell as she looked into them. 

"how are you?" he asks as he sat across from her, brushing off to the moment of akwarkness between them. "i've been okay, what about you?" bridget replied as she tried to keep herself from a panicked tone, the same she felt all those years ago when she was saying goodbye to him after getting off the tour bus for the final time. "i've been good, jacque told me that you wanted to talk and i was worried that something was wrong." emilio says, his voice laced with concern as he observed her features, what had changed and what still remained the same of the girl that he'd fallen for. "nothing's wrong, just i need to talk to you about something." she answers, feeling herself get overwhelmed by the feelings. emilio reached across the table and held her hand gently, "everything's alright, you can tell me anything." 

"for the past three years, i've missed you. i've missed us. i regret everything that had gone down that night and i haven't been able to get myself away from those feelings for this time. some things never change and one of those is my feelings for you." bridget explained and emilio looked at her surprised, "you still feel that way?" he questions in shock and she nods her head as her cheeks flush a beet red, "i think it took me forever to say but these things have been eating me alive for a long time and i can't keep holding them back." she says. 

"the thing is that my feelings hadn't changed either, but that night you left and walked away. i was confused and lost because it meant that i didn't have you and i honestly thought you had hated me because you stopped talking to me, you dropped off the face of the earth and jacque was almost no help with finding out what was going on with you, she always said that something big happened and that you were gonna be okay but i couldn't come see you because it wouldn't be right but happened that i wasn't able to see you?" emilio asks as her heart dropped, hearing the lies that jacque had fed to him for the past three years. "i was pregnant." she says bluntly, too afraid that if she took her time saying it, she might burst into tears. 

"you- you were what?" he asks, leaning forward as if he hadn't heard her correctly and wanted to make sure. "i was pregnant, that one time in the hotel room, i got pregnant and i didn't find out until two weeks after that fight." she explained. 

"what happened with the baby? with the pregnancy?" he asks as a rush of questions found their way to his brain. 

"his name is ethan and he's at home with jacque, i was honestly afraid to come here because i know that not telling you was my fault and i couldn't change anything that happened and now look at me, i'm messing this up, this wasn't how i wanted to tell you." she began to ramble.

"but were you even going to tell me?" emilio asks and she nodded her head, looking up towards him. "i honestly was, i just didn't want to intrude on your life, i didn't want you to have to worry and i was okay, ethan was okay. but he found this." she says, bringing out the picture and showing it to emilio. "and no longer could hide those feelings that i had for you. i'd go back in time and change it but i can't. and i'm sorry." bridget says as she began to get up, as she got a few feet from the table, she felt some grab her wrist and she turned back to emilio. "can i meet ethan?"