Everyone knew about BaekYeon

This probably doesn't come as a shock to anyone, but the infamous Baekyeon couple had been a thing for longer than what Dispatch and SM said. As early as EXO's debut, the two had been flirting quite a bit. Apparently the relationship developed quickly, and enough people were "in on it" that many would go out of their way to help pretend it didn't exist. EXO played up their skinship with Baekhyun to divert attention away from the blooming couple, and after SM gave their permission, SNSD also went to lengths to divert attention by using their own existing relationships as a distraction. Single members would intentionally spread dating rumors about themselves to protect Baekyeon.

Things were hard for the couple after the relationship came public, but they tried their best to make it work. They were something of a "darling" relationship in the company, and they had a lot of support, but ultimately stress and work caused the couple to unravel. Although the breakup was amicable and they agreed to try again after some time, it was still really hard on the both of them, and it caused Taeyeon's depression to flare up again. Coupled with the extreme guilt she still feels over Jessica, Taeyeon has been on anti-depressants ever since therapy failed.