Chapter 2 - The bite

There had been five days since Jungkook started training, and his whole body was hurting from the workouts Jin had assigned him. He almost wanted to give up, but he had reasons to not quit and stand the struggle. The first reason was to not get bullied anymore, the second reason was because Seokjin didn't allow him to.

He was on his way to his room, but as he reached the stairs he heard the doorbell ring. He was on his way, but the door opened and viewed no other than his best friend.

"Ugh, what are you doing here?" Jungkook said and his shoulders slummed down.

"Show some respect will you. Anyway, I came here to give you more of your workout schedule. Besides we could eat together." Jin said as he walked towards the kitchen.

"Fine." Jungkook said as he walked towards the kitchen with his friend. As they reached the place he opened a cabinet door and grabbed a bag of chips. "Here we go." He said as he placed the chips in a bowl.

"Why are you taking out chips? I said food, not snacks." Jin said, very confused.

"What are you talking about? Can't we just eat this?" Jungkook said as he grabbed a handful of chips and ate them. He also grabbed a bottle of sprite and drank it.

"What are YOU talking about? We, specially you can't eat this stuff now!" Jin said in shock and utter confusion. Didn't the younger know about what to eat when he was working out.

"Wait, why? Don't I need more fatty food to build muscles and gain weight?" Jungkook asked, thinking he did the right stuff, but he clearly didn't.

"Oh my God, you're so wrong! Let me teach you my friend. Of course, you need more fatty food, but not this kind! This sugary kind is not good for you, it will just give you bad fats and you won't get energy." Jin told Jungkook. "You need healthy food even if you want to gain weight. You need stuff like fish, chicken and beef to get proteins, the stuff your muscles need to be stronger and bigger! You also need vegetables and fruits to get energy and to feel more refreshed. And you need to eat a LOT of it to gain muscles my child. You are always burning calories in your body, but your muscles burn quite a lot, and if you get more muscles, the more you burn. So that is the reason you must eat more. You're right about fat turning to muscle, but that works best for overweight people."

Jungkook was shocked over all the facts he got. He thought he had to eat junk food to gain weight, and not healthy food because that was used to lose weight. Oh, how wrong he was.

"By the way Jungkook. I want to try something with your hair." Jin told him out of the blue.

"Huh? Why do you want to try something with my hair?" Jungkook asked him.

"I'm here to help you to not get bullied anymore right? So, I want to test a few things with your hair. You have no idea how much hair can do for you." Jin said and reached his pocket and pulled out a small bottle of hair wax.

"I don't understand how hair can help me..." Jungkook mumbled, but Jin could hear it.

"Well, everything looks better than the coconut hair of yours. The damn hair isnt even cut well! Get a new hairdresser, aka me." Jin said as he opened the hair wax bottle. "Gimme your head."

"Ugh, fine." He said as he went over to Seokjin and sat down in front of him. Jin grabbed his head and styled his hair with the wax.

After a short while Seokjin was finished. "Done! Now go look in the mirror." Jin said proudly of his work. Jungkook went to the mirror in the hallway and looked at his reflection.

"Woah, I look different."

"Yes, you do. Now I will make some food for us. As I do that I want you to take a small run in the forest behind the house and come back in thirty minutes. Okay? Get dressed."

"Okay Hyung." Jungkook said. He ran to his room, changed clothes and went out again. "See you in thirty minutes!" He said as he ran out.

"This kid... I hope he can manage to do his goals for the summer break. I don't want him hurt when I'm not there..." Seokjin talked to himself as he went to the fridge and started to look for food he could cook.

🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️

Jungkook ran toward the forest, he was getting better at it but already he was exhausted. He ran a bit more and came to a small patch in the forest. He decided to take a small break to catch his breath. He had run for about ten minutes.

As he sat on the stone he watched his phone to look up some songs that could motivate him. He didn't find anything and decided that later he would look one up when he got home.

A spider made its way toward Jungkook, he didn't realize it as the spider crawled up his arm and back towards his neck. As the spider was centered in the middle of his neck it bit down.

"OUCH!" Jungkook shouted and slapped his hand at his neck. He had a tingling feeling in his neck, and soon he felt a heating feeling down from his neck and through his whole body. When he removed his hand from his neck he looked at his hand and saw a spider there. The spider was damaged enough to not crawl out of Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook panicked and thought that maybe this was one of the spiders around the area that endangered. He panicked and ran back home with the spider in hope to not kill it. The spider he had heard of was not harmful for humans even if they bit you and helped to remove (mygg).

He finally reached his home and ran to the kitchen where Seokjin was working with food and scared the older guy as he slammed the cabinets open and pulled out a jar. He placed the spider and jar at the counter and went in the drawer to search for something. As Seokjin looked back from Jungkook small shoulders he saw Jungkook pulling out a gigantic knife, and you could hear a high-pitched scream come from the taller boy.

"WHAT THE FU- WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" He screamed as Jungkook slammed the knife in the cap of the jar.

"Saving an endangered species, I think."

"You think? And oh MY GOD IS THAT A SPIDER?!" Jin screamed yet again as Jungkook grabbed the spider and placed it in the jar that the spider now could breath through.

"Yeah, didn't you hear about the spider around here that was endangered? I think it might be this one... If not my life will end soon because of it's not the none poisonous endangered species, then I might die because it bit me." Jungkook said and Jin freaked out even more.

"POISONOUS?! WHERE DID IT BITE YOU?!"

"It bit me in the neck, right here." Jungkook said calmly as he showed Jin where it had bit him. Jin went inspected his neck, but didn't find anything that seemed dangerous.

"You might be fine, I can only see a small red mark, but it isn't anything big and it doesn't look infected, to be totally sure just take an allergy pill. Okay?"

"Sure Hyung." Jungkook said, he went to the bathroom, found the pill he was supposed to take and went back to the kitchen where his friend were.

"Dig in, it has been a long day, and you will now start eating healthy... If not-"

"Okay, okay! I will not eat anything unhealthy... Except in the weekends." Jungkook smiled and went to the table.

As Jungkook and Jin ate their meal, they didn't know that the spider was already dead. The reason to the spiders death was that now all the chemicals that made it strong had unfortunately gone when he bit Jungkook. It had transferred all of it in the bite. The bite had lasted longer than Jungkook though, but when all of it was out the skin on Jungkook's neck had already taken effect and his skin turned sensitive. So, when he had hit the spider, it became really damaged and it didn't last long before it died. So now, as Jungkook ate his chicken salad, he had no idea what was going to happen to his body.