Chapter 3 - Deeper voice?

"NOOOOO! IT DIED!" Jungkook with a broken heart screamed out. He thought he could save the spider, well he was wrong.

"Chill, you can't even be sure if it was endangered. Don't get to worked up about small stuff." Jin told him. "Oh, and I got some news for you. I'm going to Italy for a week or two, it depends on my parents really. They wanted to congratulate that I got into college." Jungkook looked at his best friend in shock and happiness.

"That's great! Where in Italy?"

"I don't know, they said it was a surprise. But I guess Rome, since they have always talked about it. I swear they are saying they want to celebrate me, but I just think it's an excuse for them to have some alone time while they leave me in a museum... Maybe I meet the love of my life there?"

"A black-haired beauty from Italy with pale soft skin... That sounds cliché... Just like you." Jin punched Jungkook on the shoulder lightly.

"Disrespecting me again, huh? Besides I prefer someone from around here. A smart and funny beauty that can laugh at my jokes." Jin said lovingly, daydreaming about his love.

"Dude, I don't know any jokes that you have said that were funny." Jin gasped, feeling offended. To prove the small boy, he decided to show him his skills.

"What did the grape say when he was crushed?" Seokjin asked Jungkook, Jungkook was a bit confused as to why Jin would ask that now.

"I don't know. What did it say?" Jungkook asked, and he would soon regret the question he asked.

"Nothing, it just let out..." He paused, and smirked as he told Jungkook the rest. "A little wine." He began to laugh his known laugh and Jungkook cringed at the joke, but he couldn't stop the laugher that came a short while after.

"Hahaha- Where do you even find these jokes?"

"I find them on this app, you could say that it's quite amazing I know all of these jokes, they are almost

... LeJINdary." They stopped up, until they both began to laugh again. They had quite some fun and the jokes didn't stop before an hour later. They had dinner and Seokjin went home again. Since the spider was dead he decided that he should just toss it outside in his garden, so it could be where it belonged, in nature.

It was soon nighttime and Jungkook decided it was time for him to sleep. As he laid in bed and slept, his body began to do strange things. Without realizing it, his body began to build a little more muscles and he grew a tad bit taller, not too much because it takes a bit of time before his body can change. Stuff like that doesn't happen overnight, but thanks to the spider's bite it sure helped his body to grow and become stronger faster, and maybe it will eventually give him bigger powers than he is aware of.

🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️

Jungkook's body was in pain, in great pain. His body felt like it was pulled from one side to the other and his muscles burned more than it has ever done before. He sweated and rolled around in bed as he was still asleep.

"AHHHH!" Finally, he woke up when the pain got to strong. His whole body hurt as he screamed more, luckily the pain got away after a few minutes. "W-what was t-that..." He said, but as he said that he noticed something strange with his voice. It was a bit raspy, but it was also deeper. Maybe it was because of the screaming earlier, he wasn't quite sure.

He wondered what was going on and decided to call Jin. Not long after he picked up the phone.

"Jungkook? What is it? You know I'm packing for the trip in three days. What's going on?" Jin asked over the phone.

"J-Jin, I need to see you right now, something s-strange happened."

"Are you okay? Your voice sounds a bit different. Can you come to my place please? I need to get this stuff finished as fast as possible. I can listen to you as I finish up, okay?"

"O-okay, I be right there..."

He hung up the phone and went to his friends house. He might have the answer to why this stuff happened to his body and why his voice felt different.

🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️🕸️

"Woah what happened to you?" The tall and broad-shouldered man asked.

"I don't know, I woke up to intense pain all over my body and then it just stopped. I screamed when I woke up, maybe that's why my voice turned strange?" Jungkook wondered himself.

"Or MAYBE Puberty is finally kicking you in the butt and your voice is changing and becomes deeper." Jin said, thinking that the pain wasn't so intense as it actually was, and it was just pain from Jungkook's bones finally growing a bit after all these years.

"I'm not joking Hyung, the pain was intense!"

"Sure, it was that intense." Jin said and rolled his eyes. "Anyway, I have a new workout plan for you while I'm gone. Do all of it these next two weeks and eat healthy and no sugary stuff." He said as he handed him a sheet of paper. "Also, no pasta."

"Pasta? Why? I love pasta!"

"I told you! No pasta! NO P A S T A! It's not as healthy as people think. And use brown rice instead of white."

"Jesus Jin-Hyung, how do you know all that stuff?" He asked curiously to his older.

"My mom is a health freak... Well thanks to that I have a perfect body, so I should thank her." Seokjin smiled for himself, grateful for the mom he had. "Anyway, my mom wants to see you before we leave, and she wants you to try this new cheese cake she made, apparently it's sugar free."

"Sure, I love to." The younger boy said.

When they were finished with the stuff they had to do they went down to the kitchen where Seokjin's mom and dad were. They both prepared food, his mom prepared the meat while his dad prepared salad.

"Hey boys... Ah. Jungkook, I have a question for you." Seokjin's father told Jungkook.

"Sure, go ahead."

"What do you call a man with no body and no nose?" He asked Jungkook, smiling.

"Umm, I don't know? What?" Jungkook asked confused. Wondering why his Hyung's dad asked such a question.

"Well, nobody nose." There was a pause in the room, nobody said a thing, until Seokjin and his dad burst into loud laugher. Jungkook not believing he didn't see that coming, and Jin's mother just shaking her head. She had heard to many dad jokes in her life and her son wasn't better than her husband, her father in law and her own father. It passed in the family and she had given up long ago.

"Anyway, I'm making dinner and after that we're going to have some cheese cake that I- Jungkook!" She suddenly interrupted herself. "Oh my god you look a bit taller! I almost couldn't see it."

"Really?" He asked confused, had he really grown since they had last seen him?

"And you voice! It sounds deeper! Oh Lord, how something can change in just some weeks." She smiled at the boy, thinking about how much he had grown and feeling like a proud mother, even if she wasn't his mother, but she had seen him all his life and he felt like a second son to her.

"Oh no, my voice is maybe just strange beca-" he was interrupted when she yelled that the food was finished and told everyone to prepare the table and eat their food.

They ate and had a good time. The food was tasty, the cake was surprisingly good even if there was no sugar in it, and the whole evening was great. They decided to watch a movie together also and just spend the whole day together. It was great to be with people you loved, especially when they would be gone for a few weeks in the next two days.